67' Mustang

3,415 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Goat Man
Civil04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hoping to get my grandfather's 1967 Mustang Sprint to run. Seems like all it needs is a new carburetor and radiator. Minimal rusting and seat covers for the front seats. It's the unique color Mustang used to come out with: emerald green. Kind of an avocado green that shines a tint of lime in the sun. Coolest car in my opinion!
Mookie
AG
We'll have to take your word for it since you decided to not post pics.

Your post is bad and you should feel bad.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
Mookie said:

We'll have to take your word for it since you decided to not post pics.

Your post is bad and you should feel bad.
Civil04
AG
I do, I feel absolutely terrible! I think I'm gonna cry myself to sleep tonight and dream bout my grandfather's '67 mustang which does exist and is in east texas. The main reason i posted this was to get y'all's opinion on antique cars.
Civil04
AG
Did TitanAGGIE09 not come up with something clever enough to say so he just quoted the prior post
03_Aggie
Settle down, welcome to the Auto Board. They are being sarcastic and it's a compliment that they'd like to see pictures of such car.
HumpitPuryear
AG
Seriously consider EFI instead of a new carb. Fitech or Holley sniper are pretty simple and cost effective.
CashinOut
AG
There's a shop outside of Dripping Springs that can help you..tell him Stevie sent ya...
Silvy
AG
Civil04 said:

I do, I feel absolutely terrible! I think I'm gonna cry myself to sleep tonight and dream bout my grandfather's '67 mustang which does exist and is in east texas.

Sounds like a nightmare tbh
Canyon99
Nice pics!
will.mcg
AG
Yah. Clean & rebuild the carb, tube up, drain, clean , and refill that gas tank & start her up...but first post some pics.
TxSquarebody
HumpitPuryear said:

Seriously consider EFI instead of a new carb. Fitech or Holley sniper are pretty simple and cost effective.

This right here! I put a sniper on a 67 cougar, swapped rear gears to 3.80, and upgraded the three speed to a 5 speed. Really makes the car fun to drive!
521_Ag
Depending on how long the car has been sitting, a carb rebuild and radiator could just be the tip of the iceberg. I'm not trying to discourage you at all but just be prepare to start spending time and money if you go down this rabbit hole.
The Fife
Given my experience with Ford gas tanks from that vintage and yeah... might as well swap it now than go through a bunch of inline filters and a fuel pump or two, then end up swapping it.
Lynch
Those factory auto lite carbs suck. Either go efi or put a better carb in it.

I had to rebuild the autolite 4100 on my 66 GT a few times. Just replaced it with a holly.

And definitely replace the gas tank and fuel lines. Who knows what kinda crud is down there.
Jack Cheese
AG
Nn
Mookie
AG
Civil04 said:

I do, I feel absolutely terrible! I think I'm gonna cry myself to sleep tonight and dream bout my grandfather's '67 mustang which does exist and is in east texas. The main reason i posted this was to get y'all's opinion on antique cars.

We love antique cars and it SOUNDS like you have a nice one!

However I speak for this entire board when I say that for not posting pics first, we all hope that silvy lover marries your sister and becomes your brother in law, talks your grandfather into willing him this mustang, and he drops an LS into it and plasti dips the whole car because HE FOLLOWS THE RULES DAMMIT.
ccolley68
AG
Civil04 said:

I mean not for nothing, but you didn't ask for any opinions, or even ask a question at all. Just made a very generic statement with no real purpose behind it, and didn't post pics. What did you expect in response?
ccolley68
AG
Civil04 said:

Did TitanAGGIE09 not come up with something clever enough to say so he just quoted the prior post
Didn't notice the crying/laughing emoji? He rightfully thought the post he quoted was funny and needed nothing more added to it.
PharmD4
AgBQ-00
AG
Color kind of sounds like the honey gold color they used to put on mustangs. there were a couple of colors that were greenish and goldish. one was darker and the other lighter.
I had a honey gold mustang with and ivy gold interior that me and my dad rebuilt. Link below to one painted in that color. Mine had a black landau top. Looks like by the time 67 rolled around they changed the name of the color to lime gold. Second link is to the original colors for 67 mustangs

https://images.app.goo.gl/8FoJphcw9HnsSzF3A

https://images.app.goo.gl/HwNAZ23cA3zhuYcJA

Pepper Brooks
AG
aggiedata
AG
Point your iPhone at car
Take a pic
Go here on iPhone browser. https://funkyimg.com/
Find browse and upload pic
Open Texags on iPhone browser
Paste in link that has . Jpg at end in a response

jswags
AG
I've never seen a 67 foot long mustang before. Sounds cool.
Goat Man
AG
Damnit give it up you tease and post a pic of the damn Mustang! We are all car nuts around here and everyone is just giving you ***** We really do want to see a picture of the car though so be a good boy or girl and oblige.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.