ATV Electrical Power Help

1,030 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Greeze06
Greeze06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Situation: appears dead battery.....but not so fast. Kill switch and key on.......no lights. Buy new battery....charge.....no workie.

Kill switch and key on and pull starts fine. Once started, lights work.

What's my issues?
03_Aggie
How do you use it? Mud and water at all? Could be fuse or pigtail with dirt/water in it?
Greeze06
AG
Sometimes. I found some of those "breakers" I guess that are in the black pouch. Cut them open and there was power on each side of terminals, so didnt think that was it.
TxSquarebody
Lights are working once started because your charging system is working fine. There's one thing that won't need fixing.
GrapevineAg
AG
Bad solenoid?
Rexter
Are you sure the lights come on without starting the engine? Motorcycles are wired this way. Once you start it, you can kill it with the switch and the light will stay on. Turn off the key and the light doesn't come on until it's started again.
Greeze06
AG
Yes, I've always been able to turn switch to RUN and key on and flick the lights on. Now only when engine running and engine can only run when pull started
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.