7 year, 0% financing

5,090 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AgsWin2011
SquirrellyDan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks like Ford, GM, and Dodge are all rolling out 0% financing for 7 years. Been looking at getting a new truck for a while....going to be awfully tempting.

I know sometimes you end up "paying" for the zero interest financing in other ways (no rebates, etc). Anyone care to share some advice?
Duncan Idaho
Unless you are living on a federal pension or are in the military, healthcare or critical infrastructure, I'd hold off on any major purchases for a while.

aggiepaintrain
AG
Don't do it.
Prices will DROP ALOT
FJB
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
End of the year deals might be to tempting to pass up this year
SquirrellyDan
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Unless you are living on a federal pension or are in the military, healthcare or critical infrastructure, I'd hold off on any major purchases for a while.

One of those applies. Anyways, I'm in no rush.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Trail boss on dub deuces, bruh
3rd Platoon
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

AT4 on dub deuces, bruh

FIFY
mm98
AG
Should have waited to buy a truck...we were put on a copmany allowance in January but i could have done a monthly rental rather than rush into it.

saltydog13
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

Don't do it.
Prices will DROP ALOT

What is a lot when talking about land cruiser prices?
bkag9824
AG
Easier to get a better deal on inventory vs. special order I would assume?

So difficult to find a 6.5' bed on the F150 diesel, let alone without going top of line trim.
agdaddy04
AG
You're not getting any kind of special order for awhile.
agdaddy04
AG
Ford sure was quick to roll out the new commercials regarding no touch deliveries and other measures regarding covid.
bkag9824
AG
Not looking to buy in immediate future, content to wait this out some.
Pahdz
I'm somewhat intrigued and conflicted.

I've got an auto allowance through work and my 2015 Tundra will be paid for next month. I really wanted another Tundra but the refresh has been bumped back to late 2021 (or later now). With these deals out there now I could finance way longer than what I'd ever want to do and maybe still pay off early.
tk for tu juan
agdaddy04 said:

Ford sure was quick to roll out the new commercials regarding no touch deliveries and other measures regarding covid.
Ford's ad agency was in the process of creating the advertising for March Madness when the SHTF. They quickly switched gears to create the first commercials about helping people with their payments and now these latest ads.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90478322/ford-reads-the-culture-right-with-new-coronavirus-response-advertising
jcbaggie04
AG
Smart really. Can you really blame them for being quick about it? I don't think anyone is thinking this is just a bad month for the economy.
EMY92
AG
agdaddy04 said:

I've seen the same kind of commercials for other manufacturers, I've also seen local dealerships get into the same.
CDUB98
AG
At 0% and 84 months, they are practically paying you to buy something.

I mean, if you factor in a traditional 2% inflation, you're effectively getting paid that much.....cash flow discounted.
Tree Hugger
AG
I paid $45K for new GMC last year
TxTarpon

Quote:

This is excellent advice.

Cash is king now.

Hoard it like toilet paper, wait for the "deals".
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
kyledr04
AG
I saw an ad today about the manufacturer making 3 payments and you skip 3. I think it was Chevy. Must already be hurting.
crowman2010
AG
Suggest you go follow the automotive board and the thread I started over there about March sales volumes...they are predicting 70%+ drop in year over year in april now. I would highly suggest waiting until July or August (or later). I predict new King Ranches and AT4's will be mid $40s
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Just wait until Trucktember or Trucktober....
JAW3336
AG
crowman2010 said:

Suggest you go follow the automotive board and the thread I started over there about March sales volumes...they are predicting 70%+ drop in year over year in april now. I would highly suggest waiting until July or August (or later). I predict new King Ranches and AT4's will be mid $40s
Isn't this the automotive board?
nortex97
AG
TxTarpon said:

Quote:

This is excellent advice.

Cash is king now.

Hoard it like toilet paper, wait for the "deals".
Yes, and it is true that "deals" will probably only be getting better over the next six months.

BUT, I do think cash is going to be worth less over the next couple years. Inflation is coming...
tk for tu juan
AgOutsideAustin said:

Just wait until Trucktember or Trucktober....

Truckteenth Day
Tim Weaver
jcbaggie04 said:

Smart really. Can you really blame them for being quick about it? I don't think anyone is thinking this is just a bad month for the economy.
They weathered the bailout storm the same way. They were quicker to respond and came out of that mess on top.

Aggietaco
AG
JAW3336 said:

crowman2010 said:

Isn't this the automotive board?
Careful, this is the guy that predicted the auto finance bubble pop way back when. Just sign up for his newsletter, sit back, and learn.
AgsWin2011
AG
crowman2010 said:

If new King Ranches cost mid 40's later this year, guess I'll be getting a new King Ranch!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.