Truck prices-corona viruse

4,532 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Naveronski
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone else think prices are gunna fall the next few months. I'm looking to buy a new truck at the end of summertime.

Maybe I can get a helluva deal?
Corps_Ag12
AG
Sounds like the factories are halting production or at least slowing it. So while the vehicles may sit on the lot longer, i don't think the dealerships will be itching to move them if they can get replacement vehicles from the manufacturer.
AustinCountyAg
I was thinking with many people not working as many hours, and with the uncertainty of not knowing what will happen the next month or two I would assume the majority of people are unwilling to make big purchases.

Never thought about factories slowing down along with production. Good point as well
CanyonAg77
AG
I'd guess the place to be a used truck cheap right now might be Midland
tailgatetimer10
AG
GM offering that sweet 72 month 0% and no payments for 4 months deal. It's a great deal if you enjoy caring GAP insurance
Shiner Bock
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

GM offering that sweet 72 month 0% and no payments for 4 months deal. It's a great deal if you enjoy caring GAP insurance

35k truck, put 20k down payment, then finance the rest would be a seriously cheap payment on a vehicle if done over 72 months at 0%. I would assume most don't put 20k down though and are instantly upside down
saltydog13
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

It's actually 84 months now
drumboy
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

Driving in Houston you could get a new truck every few months with all these idiots on the roads.
tailgatetimer10
AG
I think you're differing 6k in cash rebates to take that offer. So in your scenario it probably still makes more sense to finance conventionally
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

If you can wait, there will be a lot of re-possessed Trail Bosses in a few months for sale cheap.

37s, 22" American Force, and Amazon.com rock lights and Salt Life/Salt Water Soul decals already installed.
Bobcat-Ag
1agswitchin4lanes said:

tailgatetimer10 said:

If you can wait, there will be a lot of re-possessed Trail Bosses in a few months for sale cheap.

37s, 22" American Force, and Amazon.com rock lights and Salt Life/Salt Water Soul decals already installed.
Would you even want to buy a repo vehicle?
Bigballin
AG
"Salt Life"
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Bigballin said:

"Salt Life"

Can never tell if it's that they like the ocean/beach, or if they're overweight and suffering from hypertension....or maybe both...
FamousAgg
Always looks like Sl ut Life to me.
AgCPA95
AG
KorbinDallas said:

^ This.....I still can't unsee it.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
KorbinDallas said:

TxAg20
AG
Corps_Ag12 said:

Sounds like the factories are halting production or at least slowing it. So while the vehicles may sit on the lot longer, i don't think the dealerships will be itching to move them if they can get replacement vehicles from the manufacturer.

If not, this would be the only time the economy has gone to **** and new vehicle prices didn't come down.
PeekingDuck
AG
Pretty sure everything except Apple products will be on sale after this mess.
Naveronski
AG
I've been tempted to get into a 3/4 ton, and turn the Tacoma into a full time trail toy. We'll see where truck prices are in a few months.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.