Court rolls coal on the Diesel Brothers

5,510 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Buck Turgidson
longeryak
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Quote:

The stars of Discovery Channel's Diesel Brothers television show are being ordered to pay $851,451 for their role in producing and selling modified diesel pickups that wreaked environmental havoc in the state of Utah. David "Heavy D" Sparks, Joshua Stuart, Keaton Hoskins, and Dave Kileya.k.a. "Diesel Dave"were the targets of a case that reached a federal judge after being initiated by Utah Physicians for a Healthy Environment. It was then ruled that the defendants must pay the aforementioned dollar amount to the United States government and Davis County with additional restitution potentially on the way.
https://www.thedrive.com/news/32533/diesel-brothers-hit-with-850000-fine-for-tampering-with-truck-emissions

Plaintiffs can also get their $1.2 million legal bill covered by the Diesel Brothers.
Naveronski
AG
I hate watching *******s "roll coal" on someone.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Good, they are morons.
FJB
TMoney2007
AG
Serious air quality issues in Utah are made worse by idiots like this...

I'll bet they sue Discovery Channel.
TxAggieBand85
AG
Tampering with vehicle emissions system is a felony. Idiot performers and idiot producers allowing this felony to be done for entertainment.

When purchasing a used vehicle, ensure that the emissions is in operating order. Too many bubbas think they have to bypass their emissions on their diesel rigs. Not really enforced in Texas.
saltydog13
AG
I don't like rolling coal, but I also hate the bull**** emissions on diesels. Just look at who the money is going to. The government
TMoney2007
AG
saltydog13 said:

I don't like rolling coal, but I also hate the bull**** emissions on diesels. Just look at who the money is going to. The government
I mean,... who else would a fine levied by the government go to?
Flaith
AG
LOL and glider semis are still allowed?

what a crock of sh\t
Picard
AG
I don't like rolling coal........unless I see it happen to a smug group of side-by-side stop sign running bicycle riders

saltydog13
AG
Brought on by physicians for a healthy environment which I would assume isn't the government.
Furlock Bones
AG
Flaith said:

what a crock of sh\t
i just looked up what this is. holy hell, that is a crock of ***** but, then again commercial trucking has never paid anywhere near their road damage costs. so, why shouldn't they get a break on this as well?
TMoney2007
AG
saltydog13 said:

Brought on by physicians for a healthy environment which I would assume isn't the government.
Well, the lawyers, who were always going to be the winners are applying for $1.2MM in costs... I feel like people should be more upset about that than the government assessing and eventually collecting a fine.
saltydog13
AG
Definitely agreed about the lawyers
JB
AG
So what other things am I allowed not to do with a someTHING I own?

Edit: damnit!
Naveronski
AG
JB said:

So what other things am I allowed not to do with a someone I own?
Where the hell are you still buying people?
ABATTBQ11
AG
TxAggieBand85 said:

Tampering with vehicle emissions system is a felony. Idiot performers and idiot producers allowing this felony to be done for entertainment.

When purchasing a used vehicle, ensure that the emissions is in operating order. Too many bubbas think they have to bypass their emissions on their diesel rigs. Not really enforced in Texas.

I'm not the anarchist libertarian some here are about regulations, but this is ****ing stupid. I could see this if they were putting or mercury vapor or radioactive waste, but it's ****ing vehicle exhaust. Unless you're in a garage, it's not that big of deal.
robertcope
ABATTBQ11 said:

TxAggieBand85 said:

I'm not the anarchist libertarian some here are about regulations, but this is ****ing stupid. I could see this if they were putting or mercury vapor or radioactive waste, but it's ****ing vehicle exhaust. Unless you're in a garage, it's not that big of deal.
Uh, have you seen pictures of the world in the 70s, before emissions standards were in place? It was awful. You live in a relatively clean world today because of the EPA, emissions, etc. Don't be fooled into thinking otherwise.

I could be wrong, of course.
longeryak
Furlock Bones said:

Flaith said:

what a crock of sh\t
i just looked up what this is. holy hell, that is a crock of ***** but, then again commercial trucking has never paid anywhere near their road damage costs. so, why shouldn't they get a break on this as well?
Few truckers are doing gliders, at this point, as there is a lot of knowledge about being stuck in limbo between the OEM and the dealer when issues arise. Not worth it to most truckers when they know there are going to put well over a million miles on a rig and they can't make money when the rig is on the sidelines.
longeryak
TMoney2007 said:

Serious air quality issues in Utah are made worse by idiots like this...

I'll bet they sue Discovery Channel.
I was kind of surprised Discovery wasn't name in the suit. Settled out of court?
FarmerJohn
AG
JB said:

So what other things am I allowed not to do with a someTHING I own?

Edit: damnit!
You own the air? I generally favor less government, but that doesn't mean no government. At some point we have to share resources and government is how we set the rules. Drive this on a drag strip, fine it's all good fun. Drive this on the way to McDonalds, that makes you a jackass.
MouthBQ98
AG
Technically this is only true if you operate it on publicly maintained roadways.
BrazosDog02
AG
dodger02
AG
Naveronski said:

I hate watching *******s "roll coal" on someone.
Some ******bag in a white 3500 Chevy pulled up next to me as I'm walking to the truck with my groceries in the HEB parking lot about a month or so ago. He slows down until his pipe is right beside me, then floors it.

I was totally amazed at how cool he was.

javajaws
AG
This never gets old:

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
BrazosDog02
AG
Lol. Probably well deserved.
SteveA
AG
"I don't like rolling coal........unless I see it happen to a smug group of side-by-side stop sign running bicycle riders"

It doesn't really bother us, but we know you have a tiny dick.
MouthBQ98
AG
Some of my groceries would have impacted his vehicle.
Stat Monitor Repairman
https://instagr.am/p/Cs7FFyOuWXo
MaroonDontRun
AG
Quote:

wreaked environmental havoc
Seems like a way too emotional overstatement of the undoubtedely minimal impact of the diesel modificiations. I don't care enough to read the case but their mods would probably not be illegal in Texas much like the Volkswagon TDI case where they would still have been legal in Texas after the mod.
Buck Turgidson
These guys seem like ******bags, but $850k seems crazy.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.