Trek Strategy - Interstate Batteries Deep Discounts

3,840 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Trek Strategy
Trek Strategy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
Howdy Automotive Board,

I'm a long-time subscriber and new sponsor to the forum this month. I'm really looking forward to building a good relationship with you guys (and ladies) in the years to come. If you don't mind, I'd like to tell you a little about my story and then get down to what's in it for you. My first post will be lengthy, and sorry there's no TLDR version.

I graduated class of '00 and joined TA back in 2013. In late 2014, I started a thread over in the Nerdery called "Free Tech". Back then my username was william1978. I was working for NETGEAR (wireless routers, etc) and was asked to manage the Amazon business for them. Like many companies back then, NETGEAR was antiquated and wasn't doing digital sales and marketing very well. I needed to be able to create my own product awareness on Amazon, so I started a beta program where I gave away product in exchange for feedback and some product reviews. We ended up with almost 200 Texag'ers (is that a word?) that were participating. It grew so much that I had to hand it off to one of our marketing gals. With the help of a great team, we grew the Amazon business almost 10X in five years. Back in 2018, I left NETGEAR to start my own company because I realized that there were so many great companies out there that still didn't understand eCommerce and I knew that I could help. I also looked forward to working with brands that had a bigger purpose than just to make shareholders rich. There's nothing wrong with that (yay capitalism!), but I wanted to help brands that are really making a difference in their communities.

I started Trek in January 2019 and it has gone well. I get to work with a lot of different brands and help them establish an eCommerce channel, first by developing a strategy for them, then implement the strategy and introduce a new culture so that they can be successful without me. I become very intimate with the brands and the products that they manufacture. So far, I've worked with companies in Telecom Tools, Networking, Meats, Security Cameras, and Automotive.

OK, so why am I here? Well, I'm back at the same spot that I was in 2014, working with brands that are trying to get started on Amazon. I want to start a program to give y'all fantastic discounts on products that I think you'll like from the companies I work for. The products will be different every month. I'm very familiar with the products, use them myself, and have a direct line to the decision makers at each company so I can answer any questions you have and tell them whatever you want me to in terms of product development. It is harder than ever to launch products on Amazon. The big brands have ways of keeping out the competition and in many cases you are competing directly with Amazon's own products.

Here is how it works:
I'll post some products here along with a discount code or voucher that I've created just for Texags. I will share the details of the promotion with you, then you buy whatever you want. If you want, you can PM me if you want to share something that you don't want to put on the board. Also, if you share product videos or pictures by uploading them to Amazon, it would be much appreciated. Oh and don't share the promo code or I'll have to kill the promo!

If you are a social media influencer and that is your thing, PM me and we can talk about how I can create something specifically for you.

If you are a business and want to make a bulk buy ($1K+), or an ongoing buy, also PM me and I can setup a program from within Amazon just for you.

Without further ado, this month's products come to you from Interstate Batteries. Interstate has been around forever, and I'm helping them launch their Amazon business. We're starting with household products and working our way up to powersports, etc.

Promotion Details
This promotion lasts until 3/28. You can buy any of the products below and you can buy as many as you want, even come back in a few weeks and use the code again. You get 40% off any of these items in your cart if you buy one item, and if you buy at least three, you get 50% off. The Promo Code is: TEXAGMARCH20 - Don't share this promo code outside of this board. And don't forget to look for a coupon on the page. Sometimes there is a coupon so you can even save more.

Products and Prices with 50% discount

AA All-Purpose Alkaline Battery 24 Pack - $5.99

9 Volt All-Purpose Alkaline Battery 12 Pack - $9.99

AAA All-Purpose Alkaline Battery 24 Pack - $5.99

C All-Purpose Alkaline Battery 12 Pack - $6.99

D All-Purpose Alkaline Battery 12 Pack - $7.49

Charge and Go 12V Lithium Portable Jump Starter and Battery Charger - 1000A - $49.99

Powersports 12v Battery Charger - 1.0 Amp - Sealed Lead Acid or AGM - $19.99

CR123A Lithium Batteries - 3V 1.55AH Lithium 40 Pack - $29.99

Did I leave anything out? Any questions about me or about Interstate? If not, happy shopping. I really appreciate your support as a small business owner and please reach out to me if you need anything.

Last thing since you don't have to opt-in to anything, let me know what you think about this type of promotion and if there's anything I can do better in these posts.
Trek Strategy - Every Journey Needs a Guide
Naveronski
russaggie
AG
Looks like some good deals and I think I may take you up on a couple of them.

Any chance of any rechargeable CR123A batteries with charger? I'm currently in the market for some for Arlo cameras at my house.
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
russaggie said:

Any chance of any rechargeable CR123A batteries with charger? I'm currently in the market for some for Arlo cameras at my house.
I used to work for Arlo when NETGEAR owned them and I still have my original cameras up and working.

Interstate doesn't make these in re-chargeable form yet. I would go for something like RavPOWER.

https://www.amazon.com/Rechargeable-Batteries-RAVPower-Flashlight-Microphone/dp/B07VF5CBDW/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2K18UIKRMF8J4&keywords=rechargeable+cr123a+lithium+batteries&qid=1583339541&sprefix=rechargeable+cr123%2Caps%2C188&sr=8-3#customerReviews

at the same time, with this deal, you get 40 batteries for the same price as 8 of the re-chargeables, so it's up to you.
robertcope
russaggie said:

I had some Arlo gear. Be prepared to change the batteries a lot. Also, the motion sensing is not great and is delayed. By not great, I mean that it relies on an IR sensor rather than video-based motion sensing. By delayed, I mean that once it detects motion, there is a delay before the camera starts working. I had UPS guys delivering packages to my front door and all I got video of was their ass down at the end of the driveway.

To be fair, this was a few years ago, perhaps it has improved. I would test it heavily before investing a lot.
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
robertcope said:

russaggie said:

I had some Arlo gear. Be prepared to change the batteries a lot. Also, the motion sensing is not great and is delayed. By not great, I mean that it relies on an IR sensor rather than video-based motion sensing. By delayed, I mean that once it detects motion, there is a delay before the camera starts working. I had UPS guys delivering packages to my front door and all I got video of was their ass down at the end of the driveway.

To be fair, this was a few years ago, perhaps it has improved. I would test it heavily before investing a lot.

The first gen was pretty slow. The new models are really nice. 4K, better sensors, etc. and they aren't made by Google, Amazon. Oh, and all the new models have rechargeable batteries built in
robertcope
Trek Strategy said:

The first gen was pretty slow. The new models are really nice. 4K, better sensors, etc. and they aren't made by Google, Amazon. Oh, and all the new models have rechargeable batteries built in
I'm sure they have improved. But I'm also sure that regardless of the sensor improvement, they're not likely to pick up movement 20+ meters away. Whether this matters or not, I don't know. To me it does. Like I said, testing before investing.

Sorry to hijack your thread, I will go away now!
russaggie
AG
Trek Strategy said:

russaggie said:

I used to work for Arlo when NETGEAR owned them and I still have my original cameras up and working.

Interstate doesn't make these in re-chargeable form yet. I would go for something like RavPOWER.

https://www.amazon.com/Rechargeable-Batteries-RAVPower-Flashlight-Microphone/dp/B07VF5CBDW/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2K18UIKRMF8J4&keywords=rechargeable+cr123a+lithium+batteries&qid=1583339541&sprefix=rechargeable+cr123%2Caps%2C188&sr=8-3#customerReviews

at the same time, with this deal, you get 40 batteries for the same price as 8 of the re-chargeables, so it's up to you.

I was actually looking at those exact RavPower batteries/charger. I have had the original first gen Arlo cameras for a while, but had a supply of batteries that has now dried up. I'm thinking about going with the 40 battery deal for now. Thanks for posting these deals.
Tim Weaver
Does Interstate do anything with High C rate L-ion, Li-po, or LTO batteries?

Specifically there are a lot of older hybrid or pure electric cars on the market that could be passed on to second or third owners with a battery refresh. The only real issue is having a packaged battery cell with charge monitoring/protection built in to the power unit. FWIW, I drive a first-gen Honda insight and the guys that own these cars have been cobbling together battery packs forever. The original used a particularly high C-rate Nicad system that is simply not available anymore.

I could also see a use for these things to be used in portable power units. Have 2-3 of these traction batteries sitting in your off-grid cabin charging via solar or wind during the wqeek and on the weekend you have power to spare.

If somebody came out with a reasonable priced LTO pack with built in voltage regulation and over/under charge protection you would sell a bunch over the next 10-20 years as electric grows.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Sweet! Thanks for sharing.

Gonna get some stuff!
Do you prefer us to review it on this thread, amazon or both?
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
robertcope said:

Trek Strategy said:

I'm sure they have improved. But I'm also sure that regardless of the sensor improvement, they're not likely to pick up movement 20+ meters away. Whether this matters or not, I don't know. To me it does. Like I said, testing before investing.

Sorry to hijack your thread, I will go away now!
You're right, I think even the new Arlo cameras only detect from 25 feet. not hijacking, great conversation!
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Sweet! Thanks for sharing.

Gonna get some stuff!
Do you prefer us to review it on this thread, amazon or both?
The Amazon review is more important. We read all of those. Thanks!
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
Tim Weaver said:

Does Interstate do anything with High C rate L-ion, Li-po, or LTO batteries?

Specifically there are a lot of older hybrid or pure electric cars on the market that could be passed on to second or third owners with a battery refresh. The only real issue is having a packaged battery cell with charge monitoring/protection built in to the power unit. FWIW, I drive a first-gen Honda insight and the guys that own these cars have been cobbling together battery packs forever. The original used a particularly high C-rate Nicad system that is simply not available anymore.

I could also see a use for these things to be used in portable power units. Have 2-3 of these traction batteries sitting in your off-grid cabin charging via solar or wind during the wqeek and on the weekend you have power to spare.

If somebody came out with a reasonable priced LTO pack with built in voltage regulation and over/under charge protection you would sell a bunch over the next 10-20 years as electric grows.
That one is over my head. I'll talk to Interstate and get back to you.
Tim Weaver
Just any lithium based batteries. It's what all the cool kids are using for electric cars and drills and lawn mowers these days.

LTO (Lithium Titanate) seems to have the lowest risk of explosion or fire out of all of them. Yet for some reason it's not used as much as Li-Fe-Po (Lithium Iron Phosphate) which is also kinda fireproof, but not quite as energy dense. Of course Li-ion (Lithium Ion) is the full on, burn grandma's house down chemistry. But as with all things dangerous, it packs the most punch right now.
PuryearFratDaddy
AG
Done, glad to support, will post review shortly.

I didn't need, but noticed higher Qty's as well, which assume are available for discount too.
texsn95
AG
Sweet, I think I'll pick up some AAAs and Ds
'03ag
PuryearFratDaddy said:

Done, glad to support, will post review shortly.

I didn't need, but noticed higher Qty's as well, which assume are available for discount too.
Nope. I tried on the AAs and the code only worked on the posted QTY.

Still a good deal though at $5.99 for 24. I was at Costco today and 48 of the Kirkland's AAs were $16.99.
cochrum
AG
Awesome thanks!
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
Tim Weaver said:

Just any lithium based batteries. It's what all the cool kids are using for electric cars and drills and lawn mowers these days.

LTO (Lithium Titanate) seems to have the lowest risk of explosion or fire out of all of them. Yet for some reason it's not used as much as Li-Fe-Po (Lithium Iron Phosphate) which is also kinda fireproof, but not quite as energy dense. Of course Li-ion (Lithium Ion) is the full on, burn grandma's house down chemistry. But as with all things dangerous, it packs the most punch right now.
Still working on getting you a response on this. I know this is being talked about, just not sure what I can share at this point. Stay tuned...
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
Tim Weaver said:

Tim, Interstate does not have any lithium batteries right now for vehicles. They are analyzing where they should jump into this space. That's about all I can tell you...

redag06
Seems like the code isn't offering the prices you posted. Still a really good deal.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
I got my delivery from Amazon on Friday.

Installed some of the 9 V batteries in my smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors since I change them usually in the spring when we end daylight saving time.

Looks like the batteries are generally of good standard quality of what's out there, but the pricing makes it a good buy. One thing I will say, and this may be Amazon's fault, is that the D size batteries box was ripped inside the Amazon box. Either because Amazon didn't pack it correctly, but really it looks more like the packaging material of the D battery box material is too thin.

I have charged the booster pack and hopefully will get to use it soon on something.

The battery tender is already plugged in and charging my Mercedes. I would suggest that maybe interstate rename the trickle charger to a include battery maintainer. The way it's currently named, "Powersports Charger" is deceptive in that it's not suitable for cars, when in fact it's perfect for folks like us that have a garage queens it don't get driven on a regular basis

Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
redag06 said:

Seems like the code isn't offering the prices you posted. Still a really good deal.

Can you give me an example?
GrimesCoAg95
AG
Bought some batteries and the jump starter. I used it to start a garden tractor that I forgot to keep charged.

Thanks!
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Installed some of the 9 V batteries in my smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors since I change them usually in the spring when we end daylight saving time.

Looks like the batteries are generally of good standard quality of what's out there, but the pricing makes it a good buy. One thing I will say, and this may be Amazon's fault, is that the D size batteries box was ripped inside the Amazon box. Either because Amazon didn't pack it correctly, but really it looks more like the packaging material of the D battery box material is too thin.

I have charged the booster pack and hopefully will get to use it soon on something.

The battery tender is already plugged in and charging my Mercedes. I would suggest that maybe interstate rename the trickle charger to a include battery maintainer. The way it's currently named, "Powersports Charger" is deceptive in that it's not suitable for cars, when in fact it's perfect for folks like us that have a garage queens it don't get driven on a regular basis

I really appreciate the feedback. This is the second instance I've heard on the D batteries. Amazon unpacks these and then re-packs into another box. For some reason, the D batteries box isn't holding up. I'll look into reinforcing this.

Good feedback on the naming as well.
Aggiehunter34
S
Ordered several items, will post feedback when I receive them.
Tim Weaver
Trek Strategy said:

Tim Weaver said:

Tim, Interstate does not have any lithium batteries right now for vehicles. They are analyzing where they should jump into this space. That's about all I can tell you...

Send me an email.

HighSPL (at) G mail (dot) com

I am on a forum of hybrid car guys that are a step above most. There are some seriously smart cookies over there, and they are dedicated to keeping an old, obsolete, yet brilliant car on the road. One of the roadblocks right now is a battery which can be packaged into a certain space.

If such a battery could be made this car would equal or surpass the performance of cars made today, 20 years later.

Would be a really cool showcase for the manufacturer that supplied the battery tech.
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
Tim Weaver said:

Trek Strategy said:

Tim Weaver said:

Send me an email.

I am on a forum of hybrid car guys that are a step above most. There are some seriously smart cookies over there, and they are dedicated to keeping an old, obsolete, yet brilliant car on the road. One of the roadblocks right now is a battery which can be packaged into a certain space.

If such a battery could be made this car would equal or surpass the performance of cars made today, 20 years later.

Would be a really cool showcase for the manufacturer that supplied the battery tech.
Done
Chrundle the Great
AG
Tim Weaver said:

Trek Strategy said:

Tim Weaver said:

Send me an email.

Somebody holding onto one of the missing EV1s?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Trek Strategy said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

I really appreciate the feedback. This is the second instance I've heard on the D batteries. Amazon unpacks these and then re-packs into another box. For some reason, the D batteries box isn't holding up. I'll look into reinforcing this.

Good feedback on the naming as well.
You're very welcome.

See below. Maybe the box isnt necessary. Just wrap them in plastic.

Also not sure how much this adds to cost, but maybe consider putting on those plastic caps that 'bite' onto the terminals of the 9V batteries,that way when you dispose of the old ones, you can cap the battery to avoid starting a fire in your trash against metallic items. I typically wrap the 9V with a wrap of electrical tape to cover the terminals, but having a cap would be a nice touch.

Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
Hey everyone, so we're now sold out of the CR123A batteries, the lithium jump starter, and the trickle charger. More product is on the way and should be in stock in the next few days.

Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
PSA - The CR123A's and the trickle charger are back in stock. FYI.
Chrundle the Great
AG
Review submitted on some triple a's. I actually like the card board box, it makes long term storage easier for me.
frankm01
Trek, is this promo still active?
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
frankm01 said:

Trek, is this promo still active?
Yep, for four more days.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.