Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2 Dash delamination

1,081 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by JB
JB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone else have the dash coming up on their 11+ GC?

I bought our 2012 last year from the original owner. I get a letter in the mail a few weeks ago about how this issue now has a fix and to swing in to your dealer to get an appt. to get it fixed. I kinda figured it was just junk mail, but after looking online, seems it's quite the issue.

So I take it to the dealer, they acknowledge the letter as real, take some notes on dash color etc, then say they will call/email me in a few weeks. Got an email back saying it was approved for repair, but they had no ETA on parts, so they would let me know in a few more week?

Would be pretty great if I could get it fixed for free, but I am skeptical being that it is 120k miles, 8+ years old, and I am not the original owner.

ccolley68
AG
I don't have much to add in terms of repair, but I have a coworker with this issue I will be telling about it. So yes, it is a legit issue that can and apparently does happen frequently. Especially in the Texas heat.
JB
AG
Just took the Jeep in this morning and haVe it back this afternoon. New dash looking great all under the recall. Don't hesitate to get ahold of your dealer and get this done.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.