Tekton Tools

19 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by kb2001
Stat Monitor Repairman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anybody got anything good (or bad) to say about Tekton hand tools?

Seems like they have some great prices on what looks like some quality stuff.

https://www.tekton.com/
tk for tu juan
I do not have experience with Tekton, but this angle head wrench looks nice. Their long flex box end wrenches would have been handy back in the day of modifying the fox body.

Furlock Bones
AG
I have a tekton 1/2 inch drive torque wrench that is fantastic. Far superior to the POS craftsman it replaced.
GTBullitt68
AG
I have a bunch of Tekton tools and have never had an issue with them. Used them exclusively while rebuilding mini bikes and have never let me down. IMO for the price they are hard to beat.
Naveronski
AG
They seem somewhere in the middle between Snap-on and Harbor Freight.

Not amazing, not horrible. Not bad for the price.
cavscout96
AG
If it matters:

10% Chinese made
75% Taiwanese made

I'm trying to find US made stuff, but it is sometimes pretty hard unless you buy off a truck ($$$).

03_Aggie
cavscout96 said:

If it matters:

10% Chinese made
75% Taiwanese made

I'm trying to find US made stuff, but it is sometimes pretty hard unless you buy off a truck ($$$).

Unless something has changed, all but one off a truck are made in the USA with Chinese materials.

If you aren't making living with them, buy your hardline tools from the closest, most convenient, retailer. Pretty much all of them have lifetime warranties.
Gator92
AG
Show us your mini bikes! Here are some of mine.

Gator92
AG
SK and Proto are USA made.
TxSquarebody
Naveronski said:

Doesn't every brand of tool fall in between those??
Stat Monitor Repairman
Was looking at SK Tools as well.

I am a fan of their polished end wrenches. Don't care for the design of their ratchets at all.

In any event, if anyone plans on ordering from SK there's a 26% off code out there.

Even with that discount, Tekton is the best value I've seen so far.

Aero95
AG
I have a set of their combo wrenches in a road bag and they seem nice enough. Far better than my older (80s) US made Craftsman set that I bought when I was starting. And much, much better than the last Chinese Craftsman stuff I saw at Sears before they closed. Always choose Taiwan over China, if you can't find or afford US stuff.

I've taken to slowly replacing many of my tools with Snap On scrounged from estate sales, eBay when I get PayPal coupons or extra eBay Bucks, etc. Some of their features like Flank Drive Plus on their open end wrenches really help. Their old hard handle screwdrivers and especially the ratcheting screwdriver are awesome. Just don't pay retail unless you need it immediately.

Also check out Wera from Germany... Some nice stuff and can be found on sale/promo now and then. Their ratchet/socket kits are nice, especially for a go bag since they come in a kit/case. They have some laser etched screwdrivers and bits that really bite screws and won't slip.

I might have a slight problem collecting tools.
robertcope
My core tools are Snap-On, but I've been buying GearWrench lately when I need something. So far, pretty decent. I actually just replaced my 20 year old Snap-On screwdriver set with a GearWrench kit. So far, so good.
Naveronski
AG
TxSquarebody said:

Naveronski said:

Doesn't every brand of tool fall in between those??

Fair point.
MTTANK
AG
I went through the process of trying to find the best tool that was not snap on pricing about a month ago. Tekton is what I chose. They have an awesome warranty program, just send them a picture of what broke and they mail out a new unit to you. In my search I found that many things labeled US made were actually made in china and just assembled in the us. I also found out that Taiwan is known to make good stuff, nothing like China. In fact, it seemed to me like they are kind of playing the role Japan did so many years ago. I ordered some ratchets and am very happy with them.
GIG 'EM
Stat Monitor Repairman
Three-years in and I got nothing bad to say about Tekton.

Have around $4K worth of Tekton tools.

No complaints.

Their 6 point 1/4 in drive set is my most used set.

Their 3/8 drive long offset flex head is my go-to ratchet.
fixer
I have a few Tekton hand tools that get abused and they have held up surprisingly well.
Ribeye-Rare
AG
Gator92 said:

Show us your mini bikes! Here are some of mine.

Apologies to the OP for the slight derail -- Man, Gator, have you priced a CT-70 lately?

I've only got one, but you have THREE. Instant BMA status to you, sir.
kb2001
AG
I've been using Tekton wrenches and sockets for several years, they are well made and can take some abuse.

Most of their stuff is made in Taiwan, but their drivers and driver bits are made in the US.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.