MSR Houston Membership Interest - 2020

2,126 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by robertcope
Daytona22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have a couple of buddies that are about to join MSR Houston. If they get a group of people together the initiation cost on a per person basis goes down. If anyone was planning on it or thinking of joining I can get y'all in touch. Still debating on if I'll join or not at the moment.
theJonatron
AG
I've taken my CBR1000RR over there a couple of times and have been to 3 other tracks in Texas, including MSR Cresson, Eagles Canyon Raceway (after resurfacing), and COTA.

Have you been before? The layout is great, but the surface is absolutely miserable. Easily the worst condition surface I have been on.

My last trip over there I decided I wasn't going to return. I hit a bump in the track which basically racked myself and the humidity makes it more difficult when you're wearing a black leather suit.

I don't know where you are located, but Eagles Canyon Raceway is amazing and they had a really good deal of $2,500 initial and $250 monthly. I find it more economical to just pay for track days with instructors which varies from $170 a day in MCR to $350 a day at ECR to $400 a day at COTA. All come with racing lessons.

Best of luck and welcome to the most addicting and expensive hobby!
robertcope
Membership makes sense if you're in Houston and have limited time to commit to entire and entire weekend event. I can go out on a Saturday morning and get a lot of track time in before heading home at 1pm. The biggest challenge that I have is that I work M-F, and the track rents a lot of weekends out; my entire month is scheduled around the times the track has available for me. So, definitely look at their calendar and make sure it aligns with your goals, needs, calendar, etc well.

To your point, sure, I would rather run MSRC or ECR, but they're five hours away vs 40 minutes. I'm assuming anyone looking at an MSRH membership is in a similar situation, ie they live in Houston.

I definitely do wonder if they have a plan for the surface, but it is not the worst thing in the world in my cars.
robertcope
Oh yeah... https://www.trackjunkies.org/ may be a better place to ask about group memberships. More track focused group, obviously.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.