buying 2 cars and trading in 1 question

1,216 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 87IE
Cibalo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How is it best to go about doing this?

trade in will probably break even on money owed vs trade in value
looking to buy 1 new car(family hauler) and 1 used (basic truck)

I am assuming I can find a used truck where I buy the new car from. That is the first option to just do it all at one dealership. But how is the best way to go about getting the best price? Negotiate each one separately and not let on as to my intentions?

Is it worth trying to do this where I go to a bunch of dealerships and get prices on the new car or used car and then throw in the trade and see which is the best deal (seems like a lot of work and time I don't have).
sts7049
AG
i would buy the used car separately.

it is going to give the dealer too much opportunity to screw you in the deal if you lump all them together.
Picard
AG
Wait.....you haven't yet paid off the existing vehicle and you're buying two more???

Cibalo
I will probably pay cash for the used truck, and new car is less expensive then car we are trading in so monthly payment will be less, plus I have another car that will be paid off in a few months.
Picard
AG
Cibalo said:

I will probably pay cash for the used truck, and new car is less expensive then car we are trading in so monthly payment will be less, plus I have another car that will be paid off in a few months.

I'm just giving you a hard time all in good fun

87IE
AG
Cibalo said:

I'd treat them as two separate deals. Trade in your car for the new car and figure out if their financing is better than what you can get.

Buy the used truck and, IMHO, don't mention you are paying cash. If they ask about financing just tell them you'll deal with that after you get a price on the vehicle you are comfortable with.
It's Laken Riley, not Lincoln you idiot
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.