Barrett-Jackson

2,027 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Duncan Idaho
gggmann
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I didn't have much to do today, and I had a couple of free passes for Barrett-Jackson, so I made the 30min drive up to Scottsdale and spent a couple of hours there. It's the first time I've been, and I didn't realize how massive it is. There were a ton of cars there. Just a few observations:

1. Sellers are really trying to cash in on the 'Ford v Ferrari' film. I lost count of all of the '05-'06 Ford GTs there.

2. There were 2 of the '17 Ford GTs for sale (I guess the no-sale agreement has expired). They each pulled in over $1mil.

3. Ford had a booth with a couple of their new GT500s there.

4. They auctioned off Paul Walker's collection (or at least part of it). Dude had a lot of BMWs, a couple of Skyline GTRs, and a lot of just regular cars.

5. Chevy had several of the new C8 Corvettes there - they look much better in person than in the photos I've seen.

6. There were 2 McLaren Senna's, one which went up for auction and pulled in just shy of $1mil.
sts7049
AG
we have rules around here
Pahdz
I used to really enjoy watching this on TV every year. I still do but not to the same extent. Everything is a restomod or custom deal, not nearly as many original as they were rare models. I feel the prices show that too. Maybe I'm wrong
Mookie
AG
I went in 2015 as a vendor sponsor. It was a ton of fun.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Didn't #1 C8 get sold for $3 million?
gggmann
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Nah, waiting for the Z06...

I think I read that Rick Hendrick bought it.
kyledr04
AG
Hendrick did.
Duncan Idaho
That place is full of ****ing idiots.

A TR6 sold for $55k. That is just ****ing ******ed.
IDAGG
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Yeah it was Production #1 of the new mid engine C8 (definitely collectible) and it was a charity auction as well, so that probably inflated an already steep price.
VitruvianAg
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

That place is full of ****ing idiots.

A TR6 sold for $55k. That is just ****ing ******ed.
Was it well sorted? I could see a nice original low miles TR-6 go for good money.

Tigers were getting good money not to long ago. Hell, even my Europa has come up pretty nicely (as if I were to sell it), 'been offered in the twenties.
Duncan Idaho
That was what was so weird. It wasnt orginal. It had a 5 speed conversion (not an overdrive but a Toyota 5 speed) and an aftermarket dash.
VitruvianAg
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

That was what was so weird. It wasnt orginal. It had a 5 speed conversion (not an overdrive but a Toyota 5 speed) and an aftermarket dash.
nottin' wrong with more gears. My '72 CS came with an automatic (POS), converted it to a 4 speed and now I have a 5 speed to upgrade to. Car comes alive with a real gearbox. It has dual DD Webers will convert to triple DHLA Dellortos.

I have a 5 speed for the Europa too, should I not upgrade? Hell yea, I'm upgrading.
Duncan Idaho
Dont get me wrong. I am shopping transmissions to do a swap. But mine isnt a $55k car.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.