Rule 1

2,666 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ChoppinDs40
Bob_Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ram 2500 Tradesman 4x4 with the 6.4L Hemi and brand new 8 speed transmission. Nothing fancy, but perfect for my needs.Very nearly pulled the trigger on an F250 gasser through 1Ags contact (who was great to work with), but I wasn't digging the STX interiors and they just weren't really ready to deal on the 7.3s yet.
Honestly, Ram has done an incredible job on their interiors even on their Tradesman line and it came with an 8.4" screen, led bed lighting, rear A/C for the kids, and some other nifty stuff.

If you are in the market for a 3/4 ton gasser, do yourself a favor and drive these Rams with the new 8 speeds. I test drove F250s with the 6.2 and 7.3 and was blown away by how well behaved this transmission is. It is the smoothest shifting automatic I've ever had and always seems to be in the right gear.

Already put on some Ionic 4" running boards, bedliner goes on Tuesday, and will probably do some Katzkins in the future.

Bob_Ag
AG
Also T&Ps for my eventual spontaneous truck fire.
BigRobSA
Congrats!

As to the inevitable fire, I guess it's a good thing it won't possibly fit in your garage. Amirite?!

"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
HollywoodBQ
AG
Damn, that rig is half the size of your house.

For the record, I dig the roof marker lights. Not a fan of the white paint but, if you slap some big magnetic Texas A&M Football helmets on the side, I'll allow it.
lotsofhp
AG
Sharp truck! Congrats!

What're you towing with that bad boy? Need another rule 1?
Bob_Ag
AG
Did not want white either, really preferred silver or dark gray. Oh well, it was a good deal and easy transaction.

We have a camper. Nothing for this truck but we will go bigger at some point.

HollywoodBQ
AG
Bob_Ag said:

Did not want white either, really preferred silver or dark gray.
Nothing you can't fix with a vehicle wrap.
mm98
AG
How is the ride in those new Ram 2500s?
OXDL45
AG
Nice!
Bob_Ag
AG
mm98 said:

How is the ride in those new Ram 2500s?
It's surprisingly not too bad for a 3/4 ton. Obviously unloaded and with these E rated tires jacked up to 75 psi from the dealer, you will feel some bumps in the road. I'm gonna drop them down a bit, but so far it rides better than that black F150 above. That truck had a Pro Comp add a leaf and E rated tires as well and it would beat you up. This truck is really smooth at highway speeds.

I will say the F250s I drove felt pretty similar.

Kind of fun having two straight axles with coil springs all the way around again. Almost like driving a jeep again.
nonameag99
your grass looks terrible
Complete Idiot
New house, new truck, new camper? - times are good for this Aggie.

Congrats.
Bob_Ag
AG
nonameag99 said:

your grass looks terrible
lol thanks.
Bob_Ag
AG
Complete Idiot said:

Congrats.
Can't forget this little booger born in October. VERY blessed year for us...a little stressful at times too....

PMD03
AG
Congrats on all accounts!
easttexasaggie04
AG
That's a good looking truck. Send pics of the inside!
TexAg1987
BigRobSA said:

Congrats!

As to the inevitable fire, I guess it's a good thing it won't possibly fit in your garage. Amirite?!

Smart to back it in also.

ChoppinDs40
AG
Complete Idiot said:

Congrats.

Exactly what I was going to say! Lol. Someone got a phat bonus.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.