White leather

1,509 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by FC12
mel99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just looked at a beautiful Mazda CX-9, but it had white leather interior. Would I regret this purchase? It already had a few dirty spots from the mechanic. The sales rep told me that it could be cleaned with no problem and they could put a protection product on it. Thoughts?
EMY92
AG
The leather already has what is basically a plastic coating.

However, it will show any grime buildup if you don't keep it clean.

Do you have kids?
mel99
AG
I have a four year old son.
Mollie03
AG
I have the white in a CX-5. Won't get again. My dogs get it dirty. My blue jeans rub off blue stain.
schmendeler
AG
the biggest thing you'll have to combat is blue jeans.
TecRecAg
AG
Hell no don't do it
CactusThomas
AG
Bumper and grill?
83s?
aTm2004
AG
mel99 said:

Might as well let him throw rocks at it when you get home the.
91AggieLawyer
AG
mel99 said:

I just looked at a beautiful Mazda CX-9, but it had white leather interior. Would I regret this purchase? It already had a few dirty spots from the mechanic. The sales rep told me that it could be cleaned with no problem and they could put a protection product on it. Thoughts?

Yes, it can be cleaned with no problem, but no, don't put any so-called protection on it. As stated, it already is coated and any "protection" is just snake oil.

I'm afraid to say that, as others have said, you will see dirt on there most of the time. Leather seats get a lot dirtier than a lot of us think. Hell, I clean my seats regularly with good cleaners, and I scrub them. Plus, I don't have a lot of passengers. My seats still get dirty some how. Not REAL dirty, but still a little dirty. Since they're black, it doesn't show. Even if there was a protection that worked, you'd still have to clean the seats.
JSKolache
AG
Hellz yeuh white leathra
Matsui
AG
Darker leather doesn't show as much stain. Don't get white.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
mel99 said:

Wet Okole or Covercraft neoprenes.

YWIA.
f2foxes2001
AG
Looks damn good. Just clean that once a week and you're good. I would get it and I am about to have 3 under 5
FC12
Every low mileage Lexus GX460 I looked at that had white leather looked like absolute ass on the drivers side. Was an immediate no for me if the vehicle had it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.