Claim with USAA: comprehensive vs. collision

7,076 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Aggieangler93
aggiepaintrain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All State said getting a rock chip repaired on my windshield counted as a collision claim, I dropped them.
zooguy96
Is it just me, or has USAA started outsourcing their calls to India again? Had to call about them not sending me my new debit card (after I had fraud on the account) and they said it never got put into the system. Had to call 3 times to get a person in the US who I could actually understand and who wasn't on a script. Super annoying.

I had an instance when a rock hit my windshield. For the future, just say it hit you IMHO. I'm considering leaving them, as the customer service has really gone downhill. Ideas for who to use for insurance with excellent customer service and good rates?
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
expresswrittenconsent
Did OP use the magic words "good faith"?
chickencoupe16
AG
zooguy96 said:

Is it just me, or has USAA started outsourcing their calls to India again? Had to call about them not sending me my new debit card (after I had fraud on the account) and they said it never got put into the system. Had to call 3 times to get a person in the US who I could actually understand and who wasn't on a script. Super annoying.

I had an instance when a rock hit my windshield. For the future, just say it hit you IMHO. I'm considering leaving them, as the customer service has really gone downhill. Ideas for who to use for insurance with excellent customer service and good rates?

I've been incredibly happy with a Farm Bureau.
fourth deck
AG
Update: I emailed the CEO as suggested and it was referred to their super duper important resolution team. A team member listened to my take on the claim and took my gripe all the way to the director of claims. They are sticking to their guns about classifying this under collision. However, they are assigning fault to the object and not me. So, note to USAA insured, if something goes underneath your car, they will file it under collision. Just make sure they don't put you at fault. Thanks for the help auto board.
Aggieangler93
AG
I am in the middle of a claim with them now, and just read what I can find on accident forgiveness. The accident forgiveness is allowed 1 time, per 5 year period, on one at fault accident for the whole policy. So, if you have 4 drivers covered, and 1 has an accident, you are looking at a lot more accident free days by all 4 drivers before another one is covered. I think I used to pay for that per driver, but I guess now, they include it free, if you have 5 years of no no-fault accidents. I will be calling tomorrow to check on the specifics of this anyway.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.