Friendly Ford in Crosby TX

2,554 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Cadet05
AgsWin2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have experience with them? Looking for a new Expedition for Mrs. Heismenberg and found the one she wants with all the right options and color.

Was looking for deals on CarGurus.com and came across the current deal they're having. It's better than anything I've found by about $1-2k. We live in College Station but would be willing to drive for a better deal.
suburban cowboy
AG
I know several who have bought from there. Haven't hear any negatives.

They major major low balled me on a trade in but I ended up using 1ags' hookup.
AgToadie
I bought from them last year (salesman has since left). Wasn't a particularly painful experience.

Their tricky part is fine print on their dealer discount requires a trade in. IIRC, no trade reduced dealer discount by $2,000. Seems like a good opportunity for them to lowball on trade value. I had an old vehicle with very little value so I came out ok.

Wherever you buy, keep in mind Texas Farm Bureau and Houston Rodeo memberships usually each have $1,000 stackable discounts. It might be worth joining both if you're in the Ford market.
dead zip 01
AG
Bought an expedition from them last spring.

Had never heard of them before but they were the only place in Texas I could find that had what we wanted in stock, but I was sure to not let them know that.

Overall I was pleased. We didn't trade in a vehicle or finance with them so I assume that cut into their profit on the deal and made it take longer than necessary in my opinion to get a price hammered out but in the end I was pleased.

I'm pretty sure the salesman who ended up getting it done was named Jose. He seemed to be the best guy in there, at least that day.
mm98
AG
I'd call ahead and verify it isn't a demo. That seems to be prevalent with online Ford pricing at a lot of dealers these days.
Trinity Ag
S
AgToadie said:

I bought from them last year (salesman has since left). Wasn't a particularly painful experience.

Their tricky part is fine print on their dealer discount requires a trade in. IIRC, no trade reduced dealer discount by $2,000. Seems like a good opportunity for them to lowball on trade value. I had an old vehicle with very little value so I came out ok.

Wherever you buy, keep in mind Texas Farm Bureau and Houston Rodeo memberships usually each have $1,000 stackable discounts. It might be worth joining both if you're in the Ford market.
This exactly.

I got an outstanding price on a 2019 F150 KR, but the discount was linked to a lowball trade-in valuation, and of course the "dealer add ons" that are not optional (BS theft insurance, wheel locks, nitrogen)

Even with the silly add ons, they had the truck I wanted (a low option KR 4x4 without a sunroof) at a very good price.

I would buy there again -- their pricing is aggressive. But just make sure you get the "all-in" price, not just what is listed on Autotrader.
reproag
AG
Contact info in my profile
AgsWin2011
AG
reproag said:

Contact info in my profile
Email sent.
AustinCountyAg
I thought you were back at Tegeler?
reproag
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

I thought you were back at Tegeler?
Nope been at Appel Ford for over a year now.
Old Sarge
AG
Hey Repro!

Did not know you were not at Tegler dealerships anymore. So Ford now, do you do Lincoln also?

reproag
AG
Old Sarge said:

Hey Repro!

Did not know you were not at Tegler dealerships anymore. So Ford now, do you do Lincoln also?

No, Just Ford & Hyundai (same owner).
PuryearFratDaddy
AG
Heismenberg, did you wind up doing any further business with Friendly? If so, what was sales guy name and experience?
Cadet05
AG
When I was shopping around, Friendly had the lowest advertised price, but tried to short me like $6k on trade.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.