Opinions on Kia Telluride vs VW Atlas

12,128 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by mel99
DiskoTroop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SUV's tends to have higher ground clearances and the option of 4x4, both things I like and would opt for given the chance. Minivans don't typically.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Oh.. To replace the truck.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
You do realize you can like what you drive even if others don't care right? And I don't like minivans. They're ugly
AggieDruggist89
AG
No it's not
Dill-Ag13
AG
This thread needs to be a sticky. OP comes in asking for advice on two crossovers, engages everyone in detailed discussion, then goes out and buys something that seemingly meets none of the criteria previously mentioned.
DiskoTroop
Dill-Ag13 said:

This thread needs to be a sticky. OP comes in asking for advice on two crossovers, engages everyone in detailed discussion, then goes out and buys something that seemingly meets none of the criteria previously mentioned.

cpsencik04 said:

You do realize you can like what you drive even if others don't care right?

tmaggie50
AG
We test drove a lot of SUVs. I liked the Palisade the most and I actually like the look much better than all the other mid range SUVs. I do like the VW atlas look. The Telluride looks like a cartoon car in the back to me.

The Palisade is apparently not able to keep up with the overseas demand and so the states are getting very little inventory. They were selling the only higher end model for just under $40K because it was the only one they had left.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
We bought the Atlas. We love it. AMAZING space inside. Huge with the back seat and more than enough with the seats up for every day use. We took possessions of ours today after it was shipped in from out of town. Momma went with white exterior captains chairs in the second row and cream leather seats.

We went and showed it to my parents who live in the neighborhood and all 6 of us fit in it with room to spare exactly as we hoped with the third row.

We got the 2.0 Turbo engine and that thing zips around like a son of a *****. I have to watch it because I've caught myself 10-15 over the limit numerous times already without even noticing.

Phideaux your recommendation will pay off for you, he mentioned you when we got to pick it up today!
DiskoTroop
Fantastic man! Andres was great to work with and despite not ending up buying from him I am glad he was able to help you!

The Atlas is a very nice vehicle and even though it didn't quite fit our family requirements it is still great! The turbo 4 was impressive and the better choice of the two.

What trim level did you get?
K Bo
AG
Some more info for reference for anyone considering - my GF just bought a 2020 Kia Sportage SX Turbo (very impressive in it's class, btw) and I was talking with the salesman who we dealt with about the Stinger and Telluiride and he said they can't keep Tellurides on the lot, have received quite a few German SUV's as trade-in's for the Telluride, and he and his wife are planning on trading in their Atlas (he claims its a POS) for a Telluride when the hype chills out a bit.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
We got the SE. more perks than we've ever had in a car, and we're coming out of an upgraded Sorento.

And I'm sure this sounds pathetic but it's new to us....Apple Car play is freakin legit! You could basically get rid of everything else on the infotainment system and just let that run it and you'd be set. Why do people even bother getting a navigation system?
mel99
AG
What do you all think about the Mazda CX-9, Toyota Highlander, or Honda Pilot?
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
My in-laws have a Highlander. Super nice, little more expensive and not near the room of the VW

The pilot I just don't like the look of. It looks big and bulky sorta of like a new version of an old Astro Van.

My brother has the new Subaru and it is really nice but also very narrow, not as much leg room, not as much storage in the back, roof feels lower and curves in more taking away head space and they have a 3 person back seat which makes the two real seats smaller and less comfortable
nai06
AG
I'll chime in and since I'm in the market for a Telluride right now. Gotta move fast to get an SX trim level. Most of the lower end ones can be found but the SX with prestige package is a rare bird. I went to look at one yesterday and it had sold by the time I got to the dealer. It was on the lot for less than 2 hours. I called around to most places served in TX, LA, and OK without much luck. I did find one that had a $12K market adjustment added on. I kindly reminded the salesman that he is actually still selling a Kia and passed on the deal
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Will they not allow you to order one? If you know exactly what you want
Ag9701
AG
I looked at the Telluride a few months ago. I asked the salesman if I could order one and he said I could and that it would be there in a 2-3 months. He said something very strange though but my wife heard the same. He said it didn't guarantee the price and they could add a market adjustment if the other Tellurides they were selling still had one. I never went back.
nai06
AG
cpsencik04 said:

Will they not allow you to order one? If you know exactly what you want

I can order one, which we will probably do just means waiting 3 months. One dealer I talked to yesterday said that even if I ordered one, I'd still have to pay the market price adjustment if $5K. I had a good laugh and told him it was a non starter. He tried to say every dealer is doing it as I walked out of the dealership
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
To each their own but that rationale is why I completely began ignoring the Palisade. I don't play those games
reproag
AG
BlueSmoke said:

Wife's been going back and forth between the Palisade and Telluride.

Palisade has a ton of neat bells/whistles. Tech is nice. Just so hard to find a white Limited with the black Napa leather interior. So she ordered a Telluride last weekend. Went down and got things moving. White with the black wheels and brown leather interior and AWD. From friends that drive them, they all seem to really love them. Being able to place the order was the deciding factor. Now we just wait for it in a few months.
FYI you can order a Palisade too. No market adjustment.
DiskoTroop
cpsencik04 said:

To each their own but that rationale is why I completely began ignoring the Palisade. I don't play those games

Referral check received! Thanks fella!
tailgatetimer10
AG
Are they artificially creating a shortage for these? I just can't believe people are paying above for a Kia SUV.
The Fife
Me too. I saw a bunch of them on the road driving back from Texas and it doesn't really look like anything special. More than anything they look like the mobility vans my city uses to drive people around in.

'03ag
The shortage is real, but I seriously doubt more than a handful of suckers have paid over MSRP.
jac4
AG
My only input to this thread would be the Tellurides would look a lot better with wider tires. Slap some 315s on it.
mel99
AG
For those looking: Dennis Eakin in Killeen is selling the Tellurides at MSRP. They're moving fast though.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.