****Official Tesla CyberTruck Unveil Discussion****

19,303 Views | 186 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aggieforester05
AggieKatie2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tomorrow is the big unveil. Anyone want to make any guesses on what to expect (range, towing capacity, cost, etc)?
07ag
AG
AggieKatie2 said:

Tomorrow is the big unveil. Anyone want to make any guesses on what to expect (range, towing capacity, cost, etc)?
350 miles unencumbered
10,000lb towing, 100 miles range at max capacity
$49,000
https://ts.la/eric59704
AggieKatie2
AG
07ag said:

AggieKatie2 said:

350 miles unencumbered
$49,000
Probably pretty damn accurate.

Think the top of the line will exceed $100k?
hatchback
AG
Glad to see that he's unveiling this during Truckvember and not waiting for Trarch since he missed the perfect opportunity during Trucktober.
07ag
AG
AggieKatie2 said:

07ag said:

AggieKatie2 said:

350 miles unencumbered
$49,000
Probably pretty damn accurate.

Think the top of the line will exceed $100k?
Nah,, model s barely breaks 100k nowadays
cav14
The cybertruck will be unveiled by pulling the SpaceX Falcon Heavy rocket behind it.
schmendeler
AG
5G connectivity through a truck nuts shaped antenna
Picard
AG
cav14 said:

The cybertruck will be unveiled by pulling the SpaceX Falcon Heavy rocket behind it.

That would be awesome!
BTD
Less plastic than Raptor.
agnerd
AG
I'm sure a 110 outlet in the bed is a given, but I wouldn't be surprised if Musk tried to get a 220 outlet back there too.
edit: or maybe I'm thinking too much like a person that actually uses a truck for truck stuff instead of as a status symbol.
07ag
AG
agnerd said:

I'm sure a 110 outlet in the bed is a given, but I wouldn't be surprised if Musk tried to get a 220 outlet back there too.
edit: or maybe I'm thinking too much like a person that actually uses a truck for truck stuff instead of as a status symbol.
With that massive battery onboard, a 220 outlet would make perfect sense,, i think he's even tweeted about doing so

edit: https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1011724688706318337?lang=en
Dr. Doctor
AG
07ag said:

agnerd said:

With that massive battery onboard, a 220 outlet would make perfect sense,, i think he's even tweeted about doing so

edit: https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1011724688706318337?lang=en

What will be funny in a few years of watching videos of rednecks trying to wire it up so they can run 120V items and then blowing them up and/or the batteries...

~egon
BigRobSA
It'll need a big vape pen as a "stack" so its owners can "roll coal vape".
schmendeler
AG
BigRobSA said:

It'll need a big vape pen as a "stack" so its owners can "roll coal vape".

Full auto driving can't get here soon enough.
GAC06
AG
agnerd said:

That's genius. The truck can charge itself!
longeryak
07ag said:

AggieKatie2 said:

350 miles unencumbered
$49,000
I'm betting higher as a truck platform gives huge real estate for batteries and electric torque capabilities leave ICE in the dust. Not even fleet buyers are going to buy a truck that needs recharging every 100 miles when used for truck stuff.

500 miles with no load
15,000-25,000lbs towing with 250 mile range.
longeryak
cav14 said:

It is an outdoor unveil.
Garrelli 5000
AG
hatchback said:

Glad to see that he's unveiling this during Truckvember and not waiting for Trarch since he missed the perfect opportunity during Trucktober.
I'm surprised he didn't do it in Tranuary since it is a golf cart that thinks it is a truck.
hatchback
AG
I see what you did there. Lol.
ABATTBQ11
AG
longeryak said:

07ag said:

AggieKatie2 said:

350 miles unencumbered
$49,000
I'm betting higher as a truck platform gives huge real estate for batteries and electric torque capabilities leave ICE in the dust. Not even fleet buyers are going to buy a truck that needs recharging every 100 miles when used for truck stuff.

500 miles with no load

Not sure on that. TBF, I'm not a physics clown, but this truck is likely to weigh 7k+ pounds, plus a tow load of 15k pounds means it will be moving 22k pounds. A 4000ish pound model 3 with a 75kwh battery pack has a range of 325 miles, giving it a mi/kwh rating of 4.33, and meaning it utilizes .000058 kwh/mi/lb

Now, figuring back from an encumbered 22,000 pounds and 250mi range, at that same ratio (assuming all things being equal, I know), the truck would need 317kwh of energy. I'm not sure they can achieve that. I think the 10k pound capacity is more on target. The range you might be right on that wild only require 200kwh.
CanyonAg77
AG
I predict the design will scare small children, make grown women faint, and heterosexual men vomit.
Dr. Doctor
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

longeryak said:

07ag said:

AggieKatie2 said:

350 miles unencumbered
$49,000

500 miles with no load

Not sure on that. TBF, I'm not a physics clown, but this truck is likely to weigh 7k+ pounds, plus a tow load of 15k pounds means it will be moving 22k pounds. A 4000ish pound model 3 with a 75kwh battery pack has a range of 325 miles, giving it a mi/kwh rating of 4.33, and meaning it utilizes .000058 kwh/mi/lb

Now, figuring back from an encumbered 22,000 pounds and 250mi range, at that same ratio (assuming all things being equal, I know), the truck would need 317kwh of energy. I'm not sure they can achieve that. I think the 10k pound capacity is more on target. The range you might be right on that wild only require 200kwh.
....Uh, I was promised there would be no math...

~egon
videoag98
AG
AggieKatie2
AG
Is that the back or front?
videoag98
AG
I can't tell. Maybe the back?
Duncan Idaho
ABATTBQ11 said:

longeryak said:

07ag said:

AggieKatie2 said:

350 miles unencumbered
$49,000

500 miles with no load

That isnt how the physics of driving a truck.

Once you get rolling the added weight has a minimal effect compared to air resistance.

And never mind that no company calculates MPG based on a fully loaded vehicle.
Bobcat-Ag
When does this start?
agdoc2001
AG
10 cst
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
hph6203
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

longeryak said:

07ag said:

AggieKatie2 said:

350 miles unencumbered
$49,000

500 miles with no load

They're projected to make improvements in battery technology (more energy dense) and drive train and probably have a good idea of the time horizon it'll take to meet those marks. So what a Model 3 does right now, doesn't bear as much significance to what the truck will do in 2-3 years.

Livestream link: https://livestream.tesla.com/
Mr President Elect
AG
Intro seems like it is from a sci-fi horror film with the AI chick
AggieKatie2
AG
They ****ed it up. *********how hard is it to make a ****ing truck that doesn't look ass ugly and runs on electricity.
tlepoC
AG
Ugly
hph6203
AG
I'm a big fan of Tesla, but that's not good looking. I feel like I'm being trolled.
YouBet
AG
Pretty awful. Does it not actually have a bed? Or does lift away or something?
hatchback
AG
This thing is fcking hideous. WTF, Elon?

He's got to be trolling us.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.