F250 "Death Wobble"

2,837 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Silvy
5C
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any of you guys ever heard of this? I have 46k miles on my 17 lariat f250 and today I had a violent shaking while traveling down the highway at around 75 mph. Thought I blew a tire or something but then realized it's not the first time I've noticed it - it was just more subtle before. After a google search it seems this is a known issue.

Anyone experienced this?
P.H. Dexippus
AG
https://texags.com/forums/46/topics/3073545/replies/55362942#55362942
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
BrokeAssAggie
Happen to my 2017 250 the other day. I hit a bump going about 60 mph and the wobble ensued. I let off the gas and it only lasted about 5 seconds. Haven't experienced it again...yet.
GrimesCoAg95
AG
If it happened once, it will again. There is a TSB on this related to the steering damper.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1557613-death-wobble-tsb-info-requested.html

AgEng06
AG
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
ARe you lifted or modded?

Tire type and condition?

Seems like most of the issues with 17+ super duties is related to caster, and aftermarket caster bushings seem to resolve lots of this. But tehre are many factors involved before you go after this.
BrokeAssAggie
My 17' 250 is all factory. Lariat with 4 wheel drive.
The Wonderer
AG
my '19 F250 (10.3k miles) has done it now three times - once on the way to the dealer for it to be checked out. Just let off the gas and try to hold it steady until it stops.
5C
AG
Wow can't believe there was a thread on this so recently. My apologies.
5C
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

ARe you lifted or modded?

Tire type and condition?

Seems like most of the issues with 17+ super duties is related to caster, and aftermarket caster bushings seem to resolve lots of this. But tehre are many factors involved before you go after this.

my '17 is completely stock and the tires are still in good shape.

I took my truck to the dealer today and they said an aftermarket dual stabilizer would fix the problem for good. I guess i'm reading differently on this board?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Stabilizers mask the issue IMO.
SCHTICK00
AG
I had this problem with my 07 ram 2500, but it stopped when I went with a larger tire at lower air pressure.
dubi
AG
Death wobble class action letter in regards to Ford F150 2015-2018. We received it in the mail yesterday.

1agswitchin4lanes
AG
I love how they're throwing sh*t at the wall to see what sticks.
The Wonderer
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

I love how they're throwing sh*t at the wall to see what sticks.
Street Fighter
AG
GrimesCoAg95 said:

If it happened once, it will again. There is a TSB on this related to the steeriing dampener

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Better put two of those on there or suffer a fiery crash.
5C
AG
Well I bought a dual steering stabilizer in hopes that it helps mitigate the problem. I'll install it today and report back on any further death wobbles. Just need to make it to Nov. 2022 so I can get a new truck.
sts7049
AG
why did you do that?
Silvy
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.