What POS should I drive now?

5,232 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Guitarsoup
Jack Cheese
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OCEN99 said:

texsn95 said:

My commuter is an 08 TL with about 155k on it. I had to do a few minor things when I bought it but has been rock solid for 1.5 years. 07-08s have a more reliable trans than the 04-06.
Thanks for the suggestion. I found an 08 TL with ~95k miles in my budget and did the deal today!

We have rules around here.
Texker
AG
Complete Idiot said:

Texker said:

I've got a '94 Acura Legend GS that I've owned for 20 yrs. Has hail damage and needs A/C and some other repairs but still my DD. Despite all that I still get compliments on the car. V6 will still scratch 2nd gear.

https://imgur.com/a/4sgUA0J
You need to provide us a better photo, but embedding your link below. Those era Legends are pretty timeless. I can't imagine owning a car 20 years but I respect it.

No doubt. It was the best I could do at the moment. Thanks for embedding the link.
Texker
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Complete Idiot said:

Texker said:

I've got a '94 Acura Legend GS that I've owned for 20 yrs. Has hail damage and needs A/C and some other repairs but still my DD. Despite all that I still get compliments on the car. V6 will still scratch 2nd gear.

Need a better photo, but embedding below. Those era Legends are pretty timeless.

I really liked those cars.

Have you had to replace the ignition switch on it yet?
Nope. Thought that was gonna happen a couple of years back but my Indy Acura/Honda mechanic cut me a new key at no charge. No problems since.
OCEN99
AG
Jack Cheese said:

OCEN99 said:

texsn95 said:

My commuter is an 08 TL with about 155k on it. I had to do a few minor things when I bought it but has been rock solid for 1.5 years. 07-08s have a more reliable trans than the 04-06.
Thanks for the suggestion. I found an 08 TL with ~95k miles in my budget and did the deal today!

We have rules around here.

Texker
AG
Nice. I woulda bought it too.
Matsui
AG
Scooter
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Texker said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

Complete Idiot said:

Texker said:

Need a better photo, but embedding below. Those era Legends are pretty timeless.

Nope. Thought that was gonna happen a couple of years back but my Indy Acura/Honda mechanic cut me a new key at no charge. No problems since.

I had a 94 that I worked on for a family for years. They had a bunch of keys on their key chain and it was messing with the contacts on the switch. The car would start and shut off immediately. If you held the key between run and start, it would be fine.

I drove it back to my shop like that and then ordered a new switch and wiring. It was then that I discovered how easy Honda products are to steal.
Jack Cheese
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Texker said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

Complete Idiot said:

Texker said:

I had a 94 that I worked on for a family for years. They had a bunch of keys on their key chain and it was messing with the contacts on the switch. The car would start and shut off immediately. If you held the key between run and start, it would be fine.

I drove it back to my shop like that and then ordered a new switch and wiring. It was then that I discovered how easy Honda products are to steal.

So that's what started your life of crime?
Texker
AG
See next post.
Texker
AG
My favorite car and my DD for 20 years but time to let her go.

RockOn
I love all the suggestions on bicycle! I've continued bike commuting (3 mile round trip) all through the winter and its been great!

My toyota yaris sits in the garage unless I"m going on an out of town trip.
Guitarsoup
AG
I only paid $9k for my loaded commuter Dieselgate wagon with 57k miles. Go find one.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.