What POS did you drive in college?

7,036 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by hatchback
CDUB98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
New World Ag said:

'90. Didn't have a vehicle for my first 4 years (this seems to have been more common back in the day). Had the use of K Car (Dodge Aries) for my 5th year and I was living off campus. It sucked but I was happy to have any car.

Holy crap! How in the world did you squeeze yourself in and out of that every day?
The Kraken
AG
Being a skinny 22 year old helped.
ABATTBQ11
AG
An 85 Ford LTD and am 84 Chevy S10
ABATTBQ11
AG
coolerguy12 said:

Got around two years on this, then on a tandem bike.

I remember seeing you drive around campus on this.
Texmid
AG
Class of 91.

I had a very abused 1967 mustang. 3-speed manual with the in-line 6-cylinder engine. All four floorboards were rusted out. Got pulled over on 2818 once, picked up the floor mat and actually set my beer on the asphalt. Cop wrote me a warning for speeding. I picked up the beer and took off. Oh, I forgot to mention, no a/c and a heater that would not melt ice on the windshield.
Trench55
AG
Class of '65

1954 Chevy sedan. Parents gave me a '65 Chevy Corvair for my graduation present.
Zman91
AG
1st 2 years - Honda Spree , topped out at 30mph unless the temp dipped into the 30s, then it would go 32

Last 2 years - 1986 Nissan pick up

Needless to say , had a lot more dates my last 2 years of college. Tough to pick up a date on a scooter.
512Ag
AG
Class of '02. Freshman year I drove my first car, a '66 mustang. Straight 6, would barely go in reverse, and it died on my drive home from school for spring break.

Then I drove an '89 ram charger until the middle of my sophomore year. A real POS all around.

When my grandfather died later that year I got his '89 F-150 Lariat XLT. I drove that until a few years after my wife and I got married in '05. I wish I had kept that truck. It wasn't anything special, but I really liked driving it.
512Ag
AG
Texmid said:

Class of 91.

I had a very abused 1967 mustang. 3-speed manual with the in-line 6-cylinder engine. All four floorboards were rusted out. Got pulled over on 2818 once, picked up the floor mat and actually set my beer on the asphalt. Cop wrote me a warning for speeding. I picked up the beer and took off. Oh, I forgot to mention, no a/c and a heater that would not melt ice on the windshield.

That sounds extremely similar to my mustang experience.
Bob_Ag
AG
Class of '08

High School vehicle was a 65' F100 with a 390. Sold that before college for 97 TJ with the 4.0. It was a great vehicle and my biggest regret vehicle selling wise.

Last year of college I sold it and swapped for a 94 F150 with the 5.8. Should have kept the damn Jeep as the truck ended up needing transmission work. The body and interior were in mint condition though and it lured me in.

AirplaneAg09
AG
It wasn't necessarily a POS but I had me a little single cab Mazda B2500 pickup. Looked exactly like the one below. The vibration in the accelerator when you stomped on it to get a running start to pass someone on HWY 6 is something I'll never forget. Felt like that little 4 cylinder was just gonna explode. But I had 10" Alpine behind the driver's seat that would rattle that little cab like crazy so I thought I was hot ***** Loved that little truck so much.

Well, okay then
AG
'67 Plymouth Belvedere, 318 with three on the tree. Great car. One day, I'd parked in a west campus lot, got in at the end of the day after class, turned the key and nothing. No click, nothing. Checked under the hood, battery gone. k cool, not the car just a thief. Really good ride.
Raptor
AG
'92 four door Pontiac grand am with dented hood that curled up to look like Elvis' lip.

'91 Mitsubishi Monterey, maroon. Loved the general ****tiness of the vehicle.

'03 Mazda Protege for gas and safety
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

CDUB98
AG
Raptor said:

'92 four door Pontiac grand am with dented hood that curled up to look like Elvis' lip.

'91 Mitsubishi Monterey, maroon. Loved the general ****tiness of the vehicle.

'03 Mazda Protege for gas and safety

Username does not check out.
dmart90
AG
C/O '90

Drove a green, 1973 Super Beetle. Four speed with the 1800cc engine. Completly had the classic bug sound.
hatchback
AG
Class of '08.

Freshman to mid-senior year I drove a 1994 Maxima SE w/ manual transmission and white leather interior. Then some dbag pulled out of the Tradition at Northgate garage and t-boned me in the driver side front wheel. Totaled the car.

Senior year through grad school I upgraded to a 2002 GTI and there began my love affair with Volkswagen.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.