F-150 Clicking in Dash

2 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PooDoo
ag01insa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy,

I'm hoping someone can help identify the problem and let me know what should be done and how much it might cost. My truck developed a clicking in the dash a couple of weeks ago. It occurs when I open the door (any door) and continues through engine start. The duration varies from 10-20 seconds usually, but it's always 11 clicks then a pause, 11 clicks then a pause, continuing until it just stops. Here's a video:

Any help and/or advice is greatly appreciated. Truck is 2014 Ecoboost. Thank you.
jakelew04
AG
My 2011 does the same thing, but only when I turn on max a/c and only when temp is turned all the way cold. Turning temp knob up a couple notches stops the clicking and then can put it back to all the way cold with no clicking.

Of course this is probably zero help for you. I've simply learned to live with mine and the workaround. If my fix stops working, I'll probably just get a new truck. Ha.
PLUM LOCO
AG
Better sell it before it catches fire.
Canyon99
Actuator. Search YouTube for repair videos and order the part from Ford.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Canyon99 said:

Actuator. Search YouTube for repair videos and order the part from Ford.
This.

There are several in there. Try adjusting temp and see if it stops. If it doesnt, adjust mode (floor/defrost etc) to see if that makes it stop. Theres also a fresh/recirc one.
Centerpole90
AG
That's usually the last thing you hear before the truck explodes. Who did you double cross?

Do you even action movie bro?
EMY92
AG
Is your wife or girlfriend really mad at you?
ag01insa
AG
Ha, no explosions yet so I guess the device malfunctioned but now I'm paranoid. But seriously, thanks for the recommendations.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
This happens in the dash of my 2009 ford when I switch from regular a/c blower to recirc. Been doing it for years. Shrug.
fooz
My 11 did this for over a year. Never fixed it because everything still worked.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Ac Blend actuator
Eventually it will stop and your dual zone will become one always cold zone and one that can do heat or ac, if it's the drivers side it's a pain in the ass to fix and potentially have to pull the dash, passenger side is 10 minute replacement
91AggieLawyer
AG
Sure this isn't your problem?

PooDoo
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

Sure this isn't your problem?

Or this
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.