2019 Expedition Max

8,412 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AgsWin2011
Post removed:
by user
Gig-Em2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Google search comes up with a lot of results on it. Not sure GM has said anything official but new Tahoes and Escalades have been spotted in the wild and consensus seems to be 1Q20 announcement.
civilized05
AG
Pulled the trigger last night on a white with black interior. Drove it home last night, part side roads part highway, and damn does it drive nice! Steering is sensitive but firm and the suspension is world's better than the 2015 denali. Has plenty of pickup and feels more like a smaller suv than it's size shows.

Momma took the kids to school in it today and they loved all the buttons, roominess, and the massive sunroof. Now we've got to learn what all everything does.

I've got to strip it down and clean it up right this weekend and then I'll post a pic.

Who was the mobile tinting guy and can someone pass me his contact info? This is in the Houston area, by the way.
hurricanejake02
AG
MBC Tint Pros - Fabian
https://www.mbctintpros.com/
gif
civilized05 said:

Pulled the trigger last night on a white with black interior. Drove it home last night, part side roads part highway, and damn does it drive nice! Steering is sensitive but firm and the suspension is world's better than the 2015 denali. Has plenty of pickup and feels more like a smaller suv than it's size shows.

Momma took the kids to school in it today and they loved all the buttons, roominess, and the massive sunroof. Now we've got to learn what all everything does.

I've got to strip it down and clean it up right this weekend and then I'll post a pic.

Who was the mobile tinting guy and can someone pass me his contact info? This is in the Houston area, by the way.
I'm so glad this topic came up...the wife and I are planning on getting one in the next few months. Would you mind sharing what the trim level was and how much it went for? We haven't bought a new vehicle in quite a while, so I couldn't tell you what they should be worth.
civilized05
AG
The trim was a Limited (301A) with the Texas Edition. I'll have to look at the sticker and our paperwork for pricing. I want to say it was around 67/68k before tt+l, but don't hold me to that. Shoot me an email, user @ Gmail and I can get you better numbers later.

From what I've found, that's probably a little on the higher end for what the Expy Max's are going for, but the convenience of having the dealer close by for any warranty work and shopping local was a big benefit. We knew what we wanted and they (Big Star Ford) were great to deal with. I'd have no issues buying another vehicle from them in the future or sending others to them.

The plan on Saturday is to smoke a brisket and detail the new ride. Also waiting to hear back from Fabian on tinting.

Rather than start a new thread, I've got no clue on types of tint that are out nowadays. I looked at the MBC website, but don't have a preference on type. Those of you that have gotten tint work from Fabian, what did you go with and how is everything holding up?
Joe Exotic
AG
tamuags08 said:

My wife's low mileage Odyssey with leather/power sliding doors was around 24K. You could buy three of those damn things for the price of a new Expy

People are superficial and vain. Sometimes that forces people to make ****ty choices.

Like my wife, that bought a BMW instead of the odyssey I tried to convince her to get.
Joe Exotic
AG
civilized05 said:

You're telling me. I'd be right there with you if they had any kind of towing capabilites.

The kids loved the minivan when we had to rent one.

Unfortunately we need the space for kids, dogs, gear, and hauling the boat/trailer places. Sadly that limits us to only a few vehicles.

Towing definitely warrants an SUV. But if you don't tow there's no point in them really.
civilized05
AG
I'd be perfectly fine tearing it up in an R-tuned Sienna. Although it wouldn't be as cheap as the standard minivan, it'd be a hell of a lot more fun, though.
Drip99
AG
Bo Darville said:

civilized05 said:

You're telling me. I'd be right there with you if they had any kind of towing capabilites.

The kids loved the minivan when we had to rent one.

Unfortunately we need the space for kids, dogs, gear, and hauling the boat/trailer places. Sadly that limits us to only a few vehicles.

Towing definitely warrants an SUV. But if you don't tow there's no point in them really.

Use my truck to tow and the wife hauls kids in the oddy
tmaggie50
AG
How much are the ford dealerships taking off the MSRP for expeditions?
Goodest Poster
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

TV had some leftover Service loaner 18 XLTs for a while they were letting go for dirt cheap.

Cloth seats, no big screen, but buy it cheap, toss in aftermarket leather and add Sync 3 from kits you can buy online (if you need a big screen) and call it good.

2019 Sync 3 is standard in Expedition.

I drove a Tahoe for a rental last week and I think the seats are better by a hair than the expedition. Everything else I think the Expedition is better at.

They still have 2 white ones downtown.
tmaggie50
AG
What location is that?
gif
tmaggie50 said:

What location is that?

https://www.tommievaughnford.com/inventory/new-vehicles/models=Ford_Expedition,Ford_Expedition%20MAX

I'm assuming the top two are the ones they are talking about
Goodest Poster
AG
Thats it, Heights/Downtown location.

I looked at these 2 vehicles. The dashboard has some discoloration like they had been rained on...kind of weird.
But definitely some savings to be had. Did not help me with my negotiations with the wife, hahaha...

Also- they are reg sized Expeditions not the MAX. I did not see the blue one they have listed.
fern9230
Hello,

Do you still bullet proof the 6.0 , if so cost ?

Thanks
Fernando
832 661 5962
AgLiving06
Is there anything standard on the 2020 models that wouldn't be on the 2019 Limited edition?
civilized05
AG
Not sure. About the only thing I could think that Ford might add would be more rear seat entertainment. Honestly, that's really the only thing lacking. You can get the headrest monitors installed as an add-on, but it doesn't come standard.

This is my wife's daily driver/kid hauler, but the few times I've driven it I'm damned impressed. It picks up and moves without sounding like it's even working.

Had Fabian install some tint on the sides, ceramic all around and including the windshield and moon roof. I think it works, but to tell you the truth I haven't seen it much during the day since I leave and get home when it's mostly dark. The wife loves it, so I guess that's all that matters.

If the weather's good this weekend, I'll give it a wash and take some pics of some of the features. Seems like most of the pics online don't really give you a sense of how roomy the cabin really is.
Gig-Em2003
AG
I'd already own one if the entertainment system was better. Going from a 2012 Honda Odyssey to this appears to be a step back from a tech perspective, which is frustrating. Hoping the new GM platform takes this into account. New models announced/revealed December 10th.
civilized05
AG
Was looking at getting one of these sets for the truck.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-WSB6rNpxim1/p_220SB10UHD/Voxx-AVXSB10UHD.html?XVINQ=DST&XVVER=8GX&awcp=1t1&awcr=386480172925&awdv=m&awkw=&awmt=b&awnw=g&awug=1026681&gclid=Cj0KCQjw9fntBRCGARIsAGjFq5HtamR31rIyj6jksVwxNgimJjJjPNOp-LFVHs9m_OEarFzLaYKNF-waAks_EALw_wcB

We haven't done any long road trips yet, so it hasn't really been an issue.
gif
What does the back seat entertainment system add that an iPad can't do? If both kids already have their own tablet, is it necessary to spend a couple more thousand for screens in the headrests?
tamuags08
AG
I know you guys have talked about swapping out the head unit, but it blows my mind you'd pay 40K and this is the head unit it comes with.

Picard
AG
tamuags08 said:

I know you guys have talked about swapping out the head unit, but it blows my mind you'd pay 40K and this is the head unit it comes with.

Post removed:
by user
Picard
AG
Sasappis said:

tamuags08 said:

Someone bought a fleet vehicle? That is not the standard head unit.

It is the standard head unit, yes.

1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Picard said:

Sasappis said:

tamuags08 said:

Someone bought a fleet vehicle? That is not the standard head unit.

It is the standard head unit, yes.

Wrong photo.

2019+ Retail expeditions all include sync 3 with the 7" Touch screen now.
Canyon99
What he said. Sync 3 is standard on 2019s.
Picard
AG
Well Ford has the wrong photo then because that's a screenshot of their website.

wessimo
AG
Flaith said:

Seventy thousand dollars

And supposedly there's little to no inflation.... Right...
AggieDruggist89
AG
Dang how did I miss this thread.

Get a minivan OP.

Dang $70k....must make $700k per year to afford that in my household...
civilized05
AG
Finally got around to taking a few pics this past weekend.

After she was all washed up and waxed.

Showing the second row with a pair of diono car seats.

One of my favorite features, especially when adults have to climb in the back seat. Way easier than trying to snake between the seats.

Spacious third row with reclining seat back. My son loves this feature.

Sync 3 with big ol' touchscreen. Works great so far with both android and Apple.

So far we are really liking this truck. Visibility is great, the hands free lift gate is pretty neat and gas mileage has been pretty good, especially for city driving. Sound system isn't too bad either. Haven't even toyed with any of the other driving modes. If the weather prevails, I'll take the boat out for a drive and see how she does.

It's no minivan, but it'll do.
AgsWin2011
AG
lawless89 said:

My wife's XLT has everything except for sunroof(thankfully), split second row and automatic folding steps. It's leather with heat and a/c seats and is much nicer than her Cadillac she had. We got it for $51k with 0% 72. Other than wanting the split middle seat, there was no reason to make the 10-20k jump to a limited.

Can you get an XLT with the second row split (captains chairs)? Can't say that I've ever seen one.

My wife has a 2013 Explorer and we will probably update sooner rather than later. Definitely wanting to keep it in the $40-50k rage.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.