F350 Shocks

1,337 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by empty
empty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
looking for recs for new shocks on F350 dually 4x4
JB
AG
Bilstein or Fox
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
JB said:

Bilstein or Fox
X2
JB
AG
Unsure of what year you have but here is my anecdotal opinion.

I put the yellow Bilstein (4600s?) on a leaf sprung 2000 F-250 diesel. I thought the ride quality improved drastically. Would highly recommend.

I just installed some FOX shocks on my new to me all stock 2016 F350 SRW, and I do not notice too much of a difference.

If I end up going with a leveling kit on this truck, I will probably go with the Bilstein coils and 5100 shocks.
Fairview
AG
I put Fox on my F350 4x4 (not a dually) and they made a big difference.
empty
AG
Experienced the "Death Wobble" this past weekend. Went in for alignment to the tire store. Per the tire store all ball joints and tie rods are worn out. Pretty premature for 83,000 on the clock. Had and appointment at local dealer at 9:15 yesterday, at 4:30 they had not even pulled it in to look at it. Looks like it is GM time.
chaca5151
This just happened to me about 3 weeks ago... I'll have to take mine in for an alignment next week.
Not everyone gets the same version of me. One person might tell you I have an amazing beautiful soul. Another might tell you I’m a cold-hearted a$$^ole. Believe them both. I don’t treat people badly. I treat them accordingly - unknown
The Wonderer
AG
I experienced it in my 2019 F250 with 9k on it two weeks ago. It's flagged for review when it goes in for the 10k service next week along with the recall fix.
sts7049
AG
always smart to buy a new 70k truck instead of spending a grand to repair
JB
AG
What is the cure for DW in the newer trucks? Or is it still a combo of many things? I experienced too a few weeks back at 55mph, slight curve in road, hit an expansion joint or something and it went nuts. Truck is a 16, all stock and only 37k miles
empty
AG
sts7049 said:

always smart to buy a new 70k truck instead of spending a grand to repair
I had those same thoughts
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.