Water collecting in door of my Ford

1,330 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Kenneth_2003
rlb28
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Backseat passengers have been telling me for months that there's a slushing sound in my right rear truck door. I was about the take it to the shop, but decided to Google why this is happening.

To my surprise there are tons of videos made showing how to release the water. I emptied about 2 gallons of water yesterday, but I still have no idea how the water is getting inside the door. Evidently this is just a "thing" that Ford knows about.

How to empty water from a Ford truck door

**** I posted this on the General board. Someone suggested posting here.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Remove the piece of tape the put on the bottom of the door.

There are two holes there.
Jack Cheese
AG
No way to prevent this from happening?
Dill-Ag13
AG
Don't let the truck get wet. Duhhhh.
RingOfive
AG
Jack Cheese said:

No way to prevent this from happening?

In before "trade it in for a Tundra."
BrazosDog02
AG
There are black drains in the bottom. Clean them. I had the same and it's just debris that clogs it. It drained for 5 mins when I cleared mine. Lol.
JD05AG
AG
I got a recall notice about this.
RC_57
AG
So at the end of October returning from a 2-week vacation, I get in my '09 F-150 (which sits outside 90% of the time), go to close the driver's side door, and it's sounds like a wave pool.

I drive down the street, and I hear what sounds like gallons of water sloshing back and forth in the door. It's like driving an aquarium.

I happen to remember seeing this thread while perusing TxAgs during our trip. Man, this thread came in handy. OP, thanks for the Youtube link.

I removed the plug in the door panel and a few gallons of water came out. I also noticed at this time, the floor mat under the brake and emergency brake pedals was soaked.

So my question is now, where is the water getting into my doorand the cab?

Any suggestions y'all? (And yes, the windows were up)
expresswrittenconsent
RC_57 said:

So at the end of October returning from a 2-week vacation, I get in my '09 F-150 (which sits outside 90% of the time), go to close the driver's side door, and it's sounds like a wave pool.

I drive down the street, and I hear what sounds like gallons of water sloshing back and forth in the door. It's like driving an aquarium.

I happen to remember seeing this thread while perusing TxAgs during our trip. Man, this thread came in handy. OP, thanks for the Youtube link.

I removed the plug in the door panel and a few gallons of water came out. I also noticed at this time, the floor mat under the brake and emergency brake pedals was soaked.

So my question is now, where is the water getting into my doorand the cab?

Any suggestions y'all? (And yes, the windows were up)

I think the other thread mostly attributed it to poor seals around the windows. Have you had a lot of rain?
RC_57
AG
Not sure how much it rained while we were out.

We live in Cypress (NW of the Houston), was gone from 10/17 through 10/31.

But even if it rained a bit or a decent amount every day, unless the truck was sitting in a river and water rose to a level above the bottom door sill, how did water get inside?

That's what has me wondering.

Continuing, I've been looking around on-line, YoueTube, etc. and this seems to be a known issue.
(Dear Ford: F-U!)

For now, I just want to figure out how to stop the leak. Only plan on keeping the truck another year or two.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Wet carpet around brake & e-brake was leaking windshield on my 2014... Water was coming down the A-post.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.