Rule #1 for tint?

2,078 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by fooz
fooz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
5 back/sides, 20 front/sides, 80 windshield. Could tell a noticeable difference driving home by not having to run the a/c much.

Went with Suntek Ceramic https://suntekfilms.com/automotive/automotive-cir.aspx

eta: same tint numbers on the ribs car in the background, but with the CXP tint

dodger02
AG
Crap.

Mods...I flagged this on accident. Fat fingers when trying to "watchlist". Oops.

Looks good, OP. Hope you don't get a permaban.
fooz
dodger02 said:

Crap.

Mods...I flagged this on accident. Fat fingers when trying to "watchlist". Oops.

Looks good, OP. Hope you don't get a permaban.
Dang man now I'm a goner!
JB
AG
Looked better before the tint.
fooz
JB said:

Oh lawd, here we go.
fooz
JB said:

Before. Not much of a difference besides interior heat.

SquirrellyDan
AG
What rims/tires (and size) are those? Stock stance?
Tumble Weed
I have blacked out every truck I have owned since 1990. Didn't like the cops back then, didn't wear a seat belt, and regularly would drink while driving.

Now that I am old, I love the cops, wear my seat belt, and do not have an open container .... but I still hate that Texas sun baking the interior of my truck.

One downside is backing a trailer at night. I was backing a trailer down a boat ramp and had limited light at lake Somerville after the flood. Had to use my mirrors only, as I could not see anything out the back. Made me want one of those roll down windows for the back.

fooz
SquirrellyDan said:

2" puck level (switching to bilstein soon)

Wheels: Fuel Maverick 20x9 (I'm not positive of width or offset, bought it new from dealer with them already on)

Tires: 33x12.5 Toyo Open Country AT II.

The tires stick out about an inch. Not bad at all, but still too much for my taste. I'm going to try and fit 35x11.5 Ridge Grapplers on it. If they don't fit I'm going with 4" zone lift to make them fit.

ETA: This is how much they stick out:

JD Shellnut
AG
Great looking truck! I may just go with a leveling kit next time instead of a lift. I'm waiting on the big redesign for the 2021 models before pulling the trigger on a new one
SquirrellyDan
AG
fooz said:

SquirrellyDan said:

Wheels: Fuel Maverick 20x9 (I'm not positive of width or offset, bought it new from dealer with them already on)

The tires stick out about an inch. Not bad at all, but still too much for my taste. I'm going to try and fit 35x11.5 Ridge Grapplers on it. If they don't fit I'm going with 4" zone lift to make them fit.

Does the width bother you because of the look or because of the functionality (spray/mud/etc)? Truck looks awesome.
fooz
SquirrellyDan said:

fooz said:

SquirrellyDan said:

Does the width bother you because of the look or because of the functionality (spray/mud/etc)? Truck looks awesome.
Both, really. I prefer the flush look and it slings crap on the truck. I bought a brushless car wash membership and use it pretty much every other day.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.