New Tires

2,099 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Silvy
aggiederelict
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My 2006 4Runner is in need of new tires. Where is the go to place for tires? I know people have had issues with Discount but wasn't sure if those were outliers. TIA.
TxSquarebody
Never had a problem with DT. Also, Yokohama Geolander tires are the best I ever had on my 4Runner.
aggiederelict
What did you pay? Goodyear quoted me at $675.
Cassius
Firestone Destinations. Been running them for 20 years.
TxSquarebody
I want to say it was right at $700. I have bought two sets. First set lasted 7 years and had tread left beyond the warranty miles.
agdaddy04
AG
Wrong thread
JamesPShelley
I've been quite pleased with America's Tire. I've used American Tire Depot in a pinch... but America's Tire is the go-to. They do JUST tires.

Clean. Professional. Quick. No upselling on anything else. I pay a little more, but do so knowing that it's covering a clean floor, clean tools, and employees who look like they enjoy what they're doing.

They're like an In-and-Out compared to a dated Carl's Jr.
zooguy96
Discount Tire.

Michelin LTX-M/S. What I have on my Taco and my wife's CX-7. Great tire for the price.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
aggiederelict
What did you pay?
zooguy96
aggiederelict said:

What did you pay?

I think around $850. Depends on the tire size.

You can go to tirerack.com to get good reviews of tires for your tire size.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
GrapevineAg
AG
I've used Michelin Defender LTX M/S on my 2006 4Runner. Best tires I've had, hands down. Oh, and I love DT - always had great service from them.
Texasclipper
AG
GrapevineAg said:

I've used Michelin Defender LTX M/S on my 2006 4Runner. Best tires I've had, hands down.
This. Running these on my 2014 4Runner. They replaced the original Yokahama that i was having traction problems with.

Solid tires
91AggieLawyer
AG
For the 4Runner, I'd consider the BFG Rugged Terrain. I had a set on my Taco and loved them. Not as aggressive as the KO, and a quieter ride, but still a great tire. Off road capable.
Post removed:
by user
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
What's your budget and your driving habits? Miles per year?
aggiederelict
I have 205,000 miles on the 4Runner. Will probably have it 2 more years tops. I drive 15 miles round trip to and from my office in Austin. Looking to not spend very much considering I won't have the car much longer.
Silvy
AG
Presuming this is a 265/75-17 application and you're after a good value, Cooper Evolution HT.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.