Rear shocks for 2017 Expedition

835 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by lkx398
drewbie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a 2017 4x2 Expedition Limited. One of my rear shocks is leaking, so planning on just replacing both of them. I know the forum loves Bilstein 5100s for Ford trucks, but are Bilsteins good for Expeditions too? It's the family/wife's vehicle, so not looking to lift vehicle. Would also prefer drive to be as smooth as possible. Any other brands to consider? Here are the ones I'm looking at https://www.summitracing.com/parts/bsn-24-285063/overview/year/2017/make/ford/model/expedition

Also, is this an easy DIY job like the F150s? I'm fairly handy with instructions. I've watched videos for changing on F150, and it is pretty straight forward. I can't find any videos for the 2017 Expedition.

Thanks in advance!
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
This is a coilover shock, so two spring compressors would help.
lkx398
AG
It is NOT as simple as the front struts. Expeditions have an independent rear suspension. I changed them myself on our previous 07 and it was quite a chore.

Do you know if yours has the air load leveling system? Not sure if that was still an option in 2017.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.