Rule #1

6,071 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Mookie
Mookie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My neighbor and I have opposites. Odyssey > H2, Leaf > impala SS, ridgeline > f250
Jack Cheese
AG
Mookie said:

My neighbor and I have opposites. Odyssey > H2, Leaf > impala SS, ridgeline > f250

I'm sure your T-count is just as high as his, you just express it in different ways.
Mookie
AG
I got 4 kids under the age of 16. The contents of my wallet overrides my t count.
Jack Cheese
AG
Hey, my fleet currently consists of
- 10 QX56
- 07 Maxima
- 12 Cruze
- 02 Sable

The Sable actually has the lowest miles at 90k. One more "value" car to be added soon for my youngest. I definitely feel ya. I'm forever fixing something.
lotsofhp
AG
Thread reminds me of my father in law. 5 kids and doesn't give a flying f about his car.

When time comes for a new car he goes to the dealership and literally says "I want the absolute cheapest car you have on this lot. I don't care what it is. I don't care what color it is. I don't care what options it has. Just 4 wheels and an engine."

I love it. He said one time they took him to a car and it had a spoiler on it. He said "HEY, this one had a spoiler. Would one without a spoiler be cheaper"

"Oh no sir this is our cheapest car they all have a spoiler"

So he goes out on a test drive and on his way back into the lot he sees another car without a spoiler and he gives the salesman hell.

Just cracks me up. Such contrast to everyone else who does crap loads of research and wants something super specific and has an opinion about every car on the road. Kind of refreshing really.
TXAG 05
AG
Endo Ag said:

My hope is that neither of my kids ever own a gas car.

Why? I don't ever want to own a vehicle without a V8
Ag for Life
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

Endo Ag said:

Amen!!!
Complete Idiot
I've been a v8 guy, I've had someone say "you bought ANOTHER V8"? But for the last twenty years saying you'll only buy v8's is like the guy saying any auto more than 3 speeds is too complex and will breAk into the 1990's. Technology and capabilities change.
TXAG 05
AG
No denying that things change, but those glorified golf carts just don't do it for me. I don't need a super high tech car that does things that I don't care about. In the OP, I'd take that SS across the street every single time. I used to own a 1994 SS and miss it every time I see one.
akaggie05
AG
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=ugly_cars
Ciboag96
Cstrickland05 said:

Endo Ag said:

V6 with BOOOOST made me believe.
Mookie
AG
UPDATE:

The boy took the leaf shortly after the original post. 11 months of ownership and have spent exactly $0 other than the extra electricity bill (went up about $11/month) and insurance.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.