Floor Mats - Liner Type

2,496 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by n_dagley
GrimesCoAg95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have had weathertech mats in my last few vehicles, but I am considering something different for the new truck, It is a Ford F-150, and I am considering the OEM tray liners or Husky Weatherbeaters. What is the opinion of each?

Husky or OEM

The Husky look to have a little better coverage than the OEM ones, but the OEM has styling to match the F-150. The OEM ones are more pliable than weathertech ones as they had a display at the dealership. I bought the truck then hesitated on the floor mats as they are all crazy in price.

Thanks in advance.
Macpappy99
AG
I know this isn't one of the ones you were looking at but I got the 3D maxpiders for my f150. They are pliable and have an almost velcro surface on the back that grips the carpet well.
The Dog Lord
AG
Husky. All I've used in my vehicles and have never regretted it. Good coverage and quality. They apparently hold up better than weathertech too. There have been videos about the care that weathertech requires.
Strongwind86
AG
Husky in my 2016 F 150.
Been very happy with them.
Cloud
Husky as well. Pleased with them.
tlh3842
AG
I had the original Husky's in my last truck. I bought the truck used and they were included. I used the truck mostly for outdoor work and they held up amazingly.

Bought a different truck early 2017 and bought new Husky's for front and backseat. Easily worth the money. I got the original kind for the backseat and the Xact for the front seat since the originals weren't available for my model. I'm glad I ended up with the Xact model. A little softer rubber, still great coverage.

Amazon was the best price I found at the time.
suburban cowboy
AG
Husky
dodger02
AG
Husky in my 2018 F150

Get front and back liners. I get mud and all kinds of crud in my truck. Pull them out and spray them down. They're a godsend.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Maxliner....
FunnyFarm14
AG
Husky all the way. Went with Weathertec on my Titan as thats what the dealership would throw in for free. I've got WeatherTechs in my F250. Fit is not good for what you buy the Weathertech's for, rubber doesnt mold into the corners.

In my Dodge I had Husky. I can tell you the mat caught a 32oz sonic drink with no leaks anywhere on the carpet.
will.mcg
AG
All the weathertecs I've seen curl up in the corners after years of use.
Punked Shank
AG
will.mcg said:

All the weathertecs I've seen curl up in the corners after years of use.

Weathertechs in my 2012 tacoma since 2013.

Can confirm. My driver side isnt as tight in the top corners. Its been 6 years but still. The passenger and rear mats are still in great condition...only driver side

I'll try husky on the next vehicle
pdtnation
AG
OP, I have a brand new set of OEMs that came with my truck that I'm not using. The trucks only a week old. Let me know if you're interested in making an offer on them. I'm located in west Houston.
capn00
AG
Another vote for 3D Maxspider mats. Have had weathertechs, husky liners, and these. Maxspider are my favorites by a decent margin.

Main advantage is that they stay in place. They have a nice look as well that stands up even in premium interiors.
GrimesCoAg95
AG
I was leaning towards the Husky after the responses on this thread. The oem do look good though. What would you sell them for? This is a 2wd truck and is not used as a work truck. I have weathertechs in the work truck.
pdtnation
AG
$100

You can email me at pdtnation 1 @gmail.com
tailgatetimer10
AG
Mine came with OEM, I don't like how "soft"they feel versus the husky and weathertechs
Ag 11
AG
I have Husky in my 2010 F250. They fit better & the color matched better than Weather Tech. I think they were cheaper too. They've held up very well, easy to clean, would definitely recommend
GrimesCoAg95
AG
Thanks everyone. I was going to order the husky mats based on the feedback. Right before I ordered them I found the oem for $100 from two different people. Since this is truck is used mainly for around town, I decided to save a few bucks.

So for my review. They look really good, but don't have coverage like the husky ones. I would recommend them if you are using them for protection against rain and such. If you are looking for mats for construction, hunting, ranch, etc, go with the husky or weather tech.
n_dagley
AG
I've had all three (husky, weathertech, oem) at one time or another. I've had the oems for the last three years and they've been great. My favorite of the three. Now the real test... I just flew out of town for the next few days and accidentally left a banana peel on the drivers side mat.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.