2007 Silverado - AC Blower Wiring Harness

663 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ag210
harge57
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My AC in my truck just randomly started shutting off in my truck.. (typically when it had been sitting in the hot sun).

I took everything apart and found that the wiring harness going into my AC blower has a burnt end to it. It still works 98% of the time, but I am about to make a drive to Colorado in it.

I went to Oreilly's and they sell a replacement harness that I will have to connect into the wires coming from the resistor, but the wire looks a little thinner than I would like given it already burned up once.

I think GM may have come out with a redesigned resistor that prevents this, but I can't tell if it is for my year model truck. (2007 new body silverado).

Thoughts on what I should do? Just replace the wire with the new oreilly harness?
harge57
AG
This is the part I am replacing. I'd prefer to use this, but as I said I am about to leave for Colorado.
Amazon Part

The oreilly version only has the black end harness and some heat shrink to connect into the other wires. I may just ride with the one I have and keep the oreilly one just in case for the trip, then order this one from amazon.
DeWrecking Crew
If it works 98% of the time throw a little bit of dielectric grease on the connections and that will most likely fix the intermittent issues.
Ag210
AG
I would go for it, I had to replace the blower harness on my 06 and the new harness much smaller wires as well. Be careful with your spices though with the different wire sizes.
Ag210
AG
Now that I think about it, it may have been the whole blower assembly, either way, the smaller wire hasn't caused any problem
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.