Used Car Warranty at Dealership

1,028 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aggiedata
Gus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So a Houston Toyota dealership with initials JM says their used cars with less than 150K miles come with a 3 month, 3k warranty. I asked if this warranty came in writing and he informed me it would come from finance guy. The finance guy said it should come from sales guy. When I asked the sales guy again, he kind of hemmed and hawed and said "well, its not technically in writing but it is our policy". When I pressed and asked if he could put something in writing if the sale goes thru, he said he could but it makes me doubt him and dealership.

Anyone have similar experience?
Yesterday
AG
Yes. Had a similar experience. I wouldn't even trust it in writing. I even had a West Way Ford in Irving balk on servicing my truck when I bought and certified it through them. They wanted oil change records before they tore into the engine. Took it elsewhere to fix. Won't be going back.

Sales guys will pretty much say anything because they know their hands are free after you sign the line. I say pretty much because there are good ones out there. McDavid Ford in Fort Worth is one. They fixed my last Truck and sold me my new one.
sts7049
AG
3 month, 3k? garbage.
aggiedata
AG
Big red flag when a finance guy is involved in anything other than finance.. in my experience
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.