2018 F150 Touchscreen/Sync problem

1,269 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by reddog90
Boats and Hose
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've been having some issues with the touchscreen in my 2018 F150. It will freeze for a couple of minutes and not respond to any of the buttons. It also will lose my Bluetooth connection randomly and then reconnect and then lose it again. It does this every time I'm driving and it's getting pretty annoying.

I've updated to the latest version of Sync. I've turned on and off the Bluetooth in both my phone and the truck. I've unpaired and paired the my phone. I've done a module reset and then did a master reset and the issue is still there.

Has anyone experienced anything similar to this or have any recommendations on how to fix this? I really don't want to take this into the dealership and have them tell me it'll take 4 days for a mechanic to even look at it.
TexAggee05
AG
My 2017 did that. Had to have some chip/module replaced. Half day at the dealer once they had the part in stock. Had to wait for their tech guy to schedule it.
n_dagley
AG
Had the same symptoms with my '16. New APIM module. Around $900 iirc.
lotsofhp
AG
My 2016 did the same thing and they had to replace what sounds like the same part everyone has mentioned. Guy called it a module.

Really annoying but hasn't happened again since the fix.
Boats and Hose
AG
Anyone know if this will be covered under warranty? Truck only has 19k miles on it
TexAggee05
AG
Mine was. Happened around 20k miles
lotsofhp
AG
Mine was covered too. Truck was actually out of warranty, but since I had brought it in while it was still under warranty for the same issue and they weren't able to fix it with what they tried the first time, they covered it.
fooz
My 19 did this a few times after I bought it. To fix it, I unpaired the phone then plugged it into sync via USB and let it connect and pair back up. Hasn't froze or disconnected since then.
FiTxAg04
AG
My '16 is on it's 3rd APIM. The latest one doesn't display SiriusXM channel icons, for some reason. Pretty annoying.
reddog90
AG
lotsofhp said:

Mine was covered too. Truck was actually out of warranty, but since I had brought it in while it was still under warranty for the same issue and they weren't able to fix it with what they tried the first time, they covered it.
Hope this is the case for me. I was having very similar bluetooth problems on my '16 while it was still under warranty and they replaced the module. Problems got a lot better for a long time, but they still happen from time to time. My coworker has an '18 f250 with apple car play and he has never had any issues like I do.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.