2019 GMC 1500 AT4

14,374 Views | 97 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AustinCountyAg
DripAG08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Test drove one today with the 6.2L in it and loved it. Anyone have one, and anything good or bad regarding it?
aggie_wes
AG
I want one. That's all I know about them.
AggieSam02
AG
Got one in December and absolutely love it so far. Added the cat back exhaust also. Overall it's been a great truck so far. Almost 13.5k miles.

Call Carrie in Bastrop at Covert and tell her Sam sent you. She makes the buying process easier than anyone else. They deliver to all the major metro areas.
cledus6150
AG
The 6.2 AT4 has been on my short list, it's basically that or a diesel F-250 XLT.
DripAG08
AG
AggieSam02 said:

Got one in December and absolutely love it so far. Added the cat back exhaust also. Overall it's been a great truck so far. Almost 13.5k miles.

Call Carrie in Bastrop at Covert and tell her Sam sent you. She makes the buying process easier than anyone else. They deliver to all the major metro areas.

Thanks. Did you get the 6.2 or stick with the 5.3?
AggieSam02
AG
6.2L

Best motor GM makes so it's an easy choice. Runs great!!!

The tailgate seems gimmicky but I find myself using it constantly in one way or another.

Only complaint is the auto off function. Not a fan but at least you can hit a button to disable. I just wish it wouldn't reset every time you restart.

I like the looks and height of the 20's so I went with them but wished they offered an aggressive tread pattern like the 18" wrangler duratracs. Easy fix when I replace factory tires and throw some bfg ko2's!!!! Gonna look sick. Just saw a new leveling kit for $40 that will add 1:5" to front.

Had for over 6 months and still in love with it.
HumbleAg04
AG
Only issue I had with it was how high the dash was resulting in bad visibility from the rear seat. Wouldn't be a bug deal but one of my kids gets car sick and living in the hill country would result in him puking in the damn thing every trip.
aggie_wes
AG
So what did you end up getting?
HumbleAg04
AG
aggie_wes said:

So what did you end up getting?

F150 Platinum. My soul died but was the best deal, best featured, most comfortable for family.
tailgatetimer10
AG
You took the exact route I did
aggie_wes
AG
Will not bring myself to buy a Ford. I've never found the ergonomics to be comfortable.
HumbleAg04
AG
aggie_wes said:

Will not bring myself to buy a Ford. I've never found the ergonomics to be comfortable.

I was there once. I get it.
WestTexAg12
AG
I'm actually looking at the 2019 AT4 now.

Currently have an 09 Sierra 1500 SLE Z71 with 106,000 miles.

The trucks I'm interested in are:

-2019 GMC AT4 with Premium and Technology packages. The head-up display and the HD Surround Vision are sweet. Don't know if I want the 6.2 or 5.3 yet.

-2018 GMC 1500 SLT with Premium or Premium Plus package and X31 Off Road package.

-2019 Toyota Tundra Platinum with TRD4x4 package. Smooth riding trucks and I love their durability and dependability.

-2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn Edition. Haven't driven one yet, but heard good things about the new Rams.

Help me out!!
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
AggieSam02
AG
I came out of a 1794 Tundra 4x4. Loved the truck but between the fact that very little to nothing changed between 2014 and 2019 and the gas mileage drove me to the gmc at4.

Silvy
AG
AT4 w/ 6.2 or Tundra so you can gaptize PFG whenever his dick gets hard for that fast deezol trok
scd88
AG
WestTexAg12 said:

-2019 GMC AT4 with Premium and Technology packages. The head-up display and the HD Surround Vision are sweet. Don't know if I want the 6.2 or 5.3 yet.

-2018 GMC 1500 SLT with Premium or Premium Plus package and X31 Off Road package.

-2019 Toyota Tundra Platinum with TRD4x4 package. Smooth riding trucks and I love their durability and dependability.

-2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn Edition. Haven't driven one yet, but heard good things about the new Rams.

Help me out!!

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but that 2019 Longhorn edition Ram I had for a rental a couple of months ago was sweeeeeet. Good looking truck, too. I had a maroon one and it was very comfortable.
HumbleAg04
AG
Avoid the 8-speed GM transmission. Think that forces you to the 6.2.

I wouldn't put new $ towards that piece of **** transmission that they refuse to appropriately fix as they know they are moving towards the 10 in all trucks.
tailgatetimer10
AG
I've got the 10 speed in the Ford and it's been pretty nice.

Only odd thing is I get one weird shift every morning after I pull out of the driveway, other than that it is seemless
easttexasaggie04
AG
Those new GMC trucks seem pretty badass. Especially with a 6.2L. This is coming from a Tundra owner. I love my truck, but I think I'd go with that GMC.
Corps_Ag12
AG
WestTexAg12 said:

Help me out!!

If I didn't have my duramax already I'd get a AT4 with a 6.5' bed & 6.2L.

Also, when is my mug shipping?
WestTexAg12
AG
Corps_Ag12 said:

WestTexAg12 said:

Help me out!!

If I didn't have my duramax already I'd get a AT4 with a 6.5' bed & 6.2L.

Also, when is my mug shipping?

Thinking I may go with a 6.2. Don't necessarily need the long bed, but the 6.2 is enticing.

It's already shipped pendejo.
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
AgEng06
AG
If I hadn't bought my Duramax in '18, I would have likely gone with a '19 AT4 w/ the 6.2L. It's a really sweet truck.
WP69
AG
What's Premium there? In Savannah Premium is higher than diesel.
DripAG08
AG
Picked mine up today. Truck runs awesome with the 6.2L in it. Couldn't be happier with the purchase (long time Ford guy).
AggieSam02
AG
It's the new 10 speed that was co-developed by GM and Ford.
HumbleAg04
AG
AggieSam02 said:

It's the new 10 speed that was co-developed by GM and Ford.

Yep. 5.3 comes with the 8 though so 6.2 really the only option.
AggieSam02
AG
Ah I didn't realize that.
Corps_Ag12
AG
I just recommend the 6.5' bed if you're going to keep your toolbox back there. Gives you some bed space back over the 5.5' bed.
BlueSmoke
Is there a significant edge in towing with the 6.2 over the 5.3 in a 1500?
Nobody cares. Work Harder
agnerd
AG
GM has the best engine, but its suspension shakes and vibrates a lot over speed bumps. It's fine on smooth roads, but Dodge and Ford both have much better rides over the rough stuff. If you don't care about the ride, go with the GM. Otherwise, Dodge is just slightly better than the Ford overall, but both are good choices.
JosephMarcus
do the Chevrolet 6.2L's require premium gas?
WP69
AG
Yep. They detune themselves on RUG
JosephMarcus
WP69 said:

Yep. They detune themselves on RUG
yowsers. didn't know that. price of premium gas on top of the fuel consumption of that 6.2L compared to a 5.3L - not sure that makes the extra power worth getting a 6.2L as opposed to the 5.3L. at least in my opinion.
AggieSam02
AG
You can run 91 octane if you can find it but yes premium is recommended. For me, it's better fuel, better mileage, more performance.

As far as suspension that may have been the case prior to the the new generation but I can't imagine a better ride. Maybe it's just because it's that much smoother than my tundra!
WP69
AG
BlueSmoke said:

Is there a significant edge in towing with the 6.2 over the 5.3 in a 1500?
Give some serious thought to this if you tow. The new unreleased 3.0L diesel 1/2 ton has a 24 gallon tank with no option for larger. That makes for a very short towing range. I assume all of the 1/2 tons are the same. From looking at the numbers there would be a significant towing edge with the 6.2, but it doesn't get great milage to begin with. You should put a pencil to it to see if that makes a difference. I'm old so my range is pretty short anyway.

Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.