Lexus repair mechanic/shop in the Houston area?

1,780 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 1agswitchin4lanes
boba
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hey,

I have an older Lexus RX 300 (mid 2000s) that I want to repair and give to my family member for occasional driving.

It is in good shape - interior, average exterior and good mechanically. I recently had the transmission rebuilt at a local store near me, sadly the mechanic did an average job.

Now, I think I may need the alternator changed which I know is reasonably DIY with help, but I would rather send the car to a good mechanic who can check it out thoroughly and if we decide to proceed, fix it correctly.

I am in the NW Houston area, near the outlet mall, but can take it to any location.

Thank you
Dill-Ag13
AG
Have heard great things about Clear Choice Lexus
boba
Thank you. Should I assume both the Woodlands and Galleria location are pretty comparable?

Please feel free to share any other leads too

Thank you
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Clear Choice is almost more expensive than the dealer sometimes.

OP, your vehicle is an identical twin mechanically to a Toyota Highlander.

Any good independent mechanic can work on these things.

As far as the transmission, what is the complaint?
Dill-Ag13
AG
Hadn't heard that
boba
Hello,

I had the transmission rebuilt about a year ago because it just did not move anymore, at about 180k miles. To be honest, the mechanic at an independent shop did a terrible job, I paid a lot$$ and although he gave me a 12k/12mo warranty, he claims all is fine. I am not in a life stage to argue, the car is worse with the rebuilt transmission than it was before when the transmission worked.

Can you recommend 1 or 2 independent mechanics please? I am getting a battery light on the dash, so maybe it is the alternator, but maybe it is something else?

At this point the car may be be worth a couple of thousand on the market, but the interior is A grade and all parts replacements have been top notch, e.g. excellent new tires, brake pads, brake rotors, new ECU, high mileage synthetic oil changes etc.

I just want to have it fixed so my family members can have a mid sized car for the few occasions when they need it for medical visits etc.

1agsswitchin4lanes...Would this be something you would be able to work on? I would pay you market prices and it will make me happy because you are a super star on this forum. Pretty please

Thank you
dubi
AG
Superstar!
coolerguy12
AG
I have a guy in Conroe who was a master mechanic for Toyota and then went independent. He used to be the head mechanic at Fred Haas on 249. I'll send you his number if you want. Text me 281-798-7919
boba
coolerguy12 said:

I have a guy in Conroe who was a master mechanic for Toyota and then went independent. He used to be the head mechanic at Fred Haas on 249. I'll send you his number if you want. Text me 281-798-7919
Thank you I will reach out to you
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
I'm not a transmission guy but I can help diagnose/repair the battery issue.

I can at least look at it and tell you what I think about the trans.

PM me or email at username at gmail dot com.
boba
Thank you so much 1agsswitching4lanes

I will email you

You are a gift to this community and I am sure many others
boba
1agswitchin4lanes email sent

please check your spam if you have not received it

thank you
boba
@1agswitchin4lanes

Hope you and the family are well, we lost touch over the last few months with so much going on.

Please check your email re the help you so kindly offered to take a look at my family member's Lexus RX300.

Thank you
1agswitchin4lanes
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.