vomit smell

1,190 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 1agswitchin4lanes
jaggiemaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My 4 year old threw up in the car this morning after drinking her milk too fast and jumping around. Wife cleaned it as best as she could, sprayed some fabreeze and I've left a box of baking soda in the car. Any other recommendation on cleaners I can use on cloth seat to help with the lingering smell ?
JP76
https://www.homedepot.com/p/OdoBan-1-Gal-Eucalyptus-Disinfectant-Laundry-and-Air-Freshener-Mold-and-Mildew-Control-Multi-Purpose-Concentrate-911061-G/202560626

https://www.amazon.com/OdoBan-Ready-Bottle-Concentrate-Eucalyptus/dp/B000ZOQ9HY

I've used this on vehicles that had spoiled milk and it worked great.
Was told about it over 20 years ago by someone who worked in a hospital.
Fairview
AG
Good Luck.

newhowdyag2004
My girlfriend in college threw up in her Grand Cherokee (night of drinking), and after a professional cleaning, the smell wouldn't come out. So of course her parents traded it in for a BMW X5..
sts7049
AG
chimpanzee
Thanks for reconfirming my rationale for never owning a former rental.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Try one of the pet carpet cleaners, like Nature's Miracle or Petzyme. The enzymes in them break down lots of smelly stuff.
CrottyKid
AG
^Yes. Pet carpet cleaner.
Also, you can just pour baking soda straight on the vomit area, let it sit, then vacuum it up along with some of the smell.
coolerguy12
AG
You can take the skins off the seat and throw them in the wash. It's a lot of work but they come out looking great.

This is why I'm happy to splurge for leather seats in my cars. Kids are gross and they only get grosser from what I can tell in my limited experience.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
BUy the 30 dollar ozone machine from Amazon.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.