Best wheel cleaner?

960 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 91AggieLawyer
easttexasaggie04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What is the best cleaner (and cleaning method) for cleaning wheels? Emphasis on easy!
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Soap and water. Wax them now and then. Most wheels are painted and clear coated these days. Tray them like you would car paint.

All commercial wheel cleaners are too harsh IMO.

PS21 May Be the only commercial brand that's ok.
Cloud
Super Clean diluted 4:1. It's non-acidic and safe for all wheel types:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/SuperClean-Tough-Task-Cleaner-Degreaser-1-gal/23752162

And I like this wheel brush:

https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys-ACC_G09-Flagged-Handle/dp/B00BCH51ZO/ref=sxts_sxwds-bia?keywords=wheel+brush&pd_rd_i=B00BCH51ZO&pd_rd_r=1a6935af-711b-43bb-833f-7dfdfd273510&pd_rd_w=bPefJ&pd_rd_wg=8x7pv&pf_rd_p=f0479f98-a32d-45cd-9c12-7aaced42b1ec&pf_rd_r=1CACEF8ZEZ2VAD7ZJ47B&qid=1558445239&s=gateway#customerReviews

Finish them off with spray wax.

Also use it 4:1 (or full strength) on tires, scrub with a dedicated tire brush. Makes a big difference on the look of the tire as well as how well dressings adhere and hold up.
EMY92
AG
I have that wheel brush, it's very nice. I also have a skinny brush to get behind the spokes and into the barrel of the wheel, similar to a Wheel Woolie. I also have a short, stiff bristled brush for the tire.

I have too many car wash accessories.
javajaws
AG
P21s
91AggieLawyer
AG
I generally don't like most off the shelf wheel cleaners but the Eagle One Black and Plastic Coat Wheel Cleaner is a good choice for more than just wheels. It also works as a chemical fallout remover like Car Pro Iron-X and is a LOT cheaper. Just make sure you get the Black and Plastic Coat one as Eagle One sells several different versions. Just let it set on your wheels if there is heavy brake dust.

Wheel cleaners, even acidic ones, are safe on clear coated wheels AND car paint (can get out water spots). You run into trouble on uncoated and aluminum wheels. You CAN use the acidic cleaners on aluminum wheels but you'll need to polish the wheels after use. Tires are where I recommend the soap and water approach but wheel cleaner is fine for most applications. Just know what wheels you have.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.