Q on Insurance Linked to Plate in DMV DB & Crazy Driving Bs in Houston

1,031 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by drumboy
drumboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My in laws lives right on the corner of Gessner & a neighborhood street near Westheimer (Houston) and some lady crashed through their landscaping nailing one car, pushing it into another and causing damage to a third via flying landscaping bricks. Thank God my kids were playing in the backyard but they had just gotten out of the Acura a few minutes earlier.

Anyway, after the lady got 1/2 mile away, was blocked in by a good samaritan and then couldn't get away on foot the cops finally picked her up on hit & run but confirmed in their system that she had insurance, which surprised me based on the assumptions I made by the looks of her car and her decision to take off.....as well as whatever made her lose control on a 35 mph speed limit busy road in rush hour traffic. They wrote down the insurance company & policy number on the form my in laws received.

Well the next day when they called the insurance company they were told that neither the car nor the driver is in the system for that policy. Three other police contacts verified the same info when looking up the plate and one confirmed that the plate matched the car's VIN and the driver. I understand insurance cards are easy to fake but how could this happen where the police see the policy but not the insurance company? Could she have canceled the policy (or not paid) and it stay in the system for the original policy term? Only one of the cars had full coverage so this sucks for my in laws.

Anyway, here's the Rule #1:

Her car was full of crap and her truck was full of clothes in trash bags like she's living out of her car. Not sure about the gas can behind the drivers seat.

Google search returned a nice record including assault & possession.
vansprinkle
AG
Named her Tuezday because theyre slightly less hated than Mundae?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
I'd get your car and homeowners insurance involved ASAP.
Camo
holy ***** Her name is "Tuezday" with a 'z'

oh man, I needed a laugh and that delivered.

On a serious note: A lot of people will get a policy, get their cards which will show valid for 6 months and cancel it immediately while still having the card in hand. Scum of the earth...
drumboy
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

You might have heard that Asian like to gamble and if there's one thing I learned playing blackjack it's that insurance is a sucker's bet. Turns out they agree and don't have homeowner's insurance.

I think the MDX damage has been reported to owner's insurance but the Rav4 and G35 in front of it don't have uninsured motorists.
drumboy
AG
Camo said:

holy ***** Her name is "Tuezday" with a 'z'

oh man, I needed a laugh and that delivered.

On a serious note: A lot of people will get a policy, get their cards which will show valid for 6 months and cancel it immediately while still having the card in hand. Scum of the earth...
I get that but seems like it would drop out of the DB that the cops have access to if the policy is canceled.
tailgatetimer10
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

The correct answer. They'll get to the bottom of it, pretty quickly
sts7049
AG
drumboy said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

You might have heard that Asian like to gamble and if there's one thing I learned playing blackjack it's that insurance is a sucker's bet. Turns out they agree and don't have homeowner's insurance.

I think the MDX damage has been reported to owner's insurance but the Rav4 and G35 in front of it don't have uninsured motorists.
this is gonna be an expensive lesson for them i guess
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
drumboy said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

My moms neighbors across the street did the same thing.

Worked well for them except for during harvey.

$650K house paid off with no insurance. Whoops.
drumboy
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

drumboy said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

My moms neighbors across the street did the same thing.

Worked well for them except for during harvey.

$650K house paid off with no insurance. Whoops.
Most folks don't have flood insurance, at least not before Harvey, unless they're in a flood plain and it's required.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.