Most recalled automobile companies

2,656 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by expresswrittenconsent
C Loves L
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Worst (per 1,000) To Best
18. Nissan (1,038)
17. Jaguar/Land Rover
16. Mitsubishi
15. Ford (1,139)
14. Volvo
13. BMW
12. Hyundai
11. Honda (1,307)
10. Chrysler (1,422)
9. VW
8. Toyota
7. Subaru
6. GM (958)
5. Mazda
4. Tesla (936)
3. Kia (788)
2. Mercedes Benz (624)
1. Porsche (531)

"You're Mechanic" Most recalled automobile companies

1. Ford (most since 2004)
2. Chevrolet
3. BMW
4. Toyota
5. Dodge
6. Honda
7. GMC
8. Nissan
9. Volvo
10. Mercedes Benz

Recall rate (Forbes)
1. Mercedes Benz 55%
2. GM 65%
3. Nissan 71%
4. Subaru 73%
5. Kia
6. Toyota
7. BMW
8. Ford 93%
FamousAgg
Nissan is worst with 1038 recalls per 1000 vehicles, but ford is better will 1137 recalls per 1000?

These stats aren't making any sense. What's "your mechanic " recalls?
C Loves L
It's a website
Complete Idiot
C Loves L said:

It's a website
This made me laugh out loud, great unintentional humor
Aero95
AG
Does this include airbag recalls that aren't really the fault of the car companies?
hatchback
AG
C Loves L said:

"You're Mechanic" Most recalled automobile companies

1. Ford (most since 2004)
2. Chevrolet
3. BMW
4. Toyota
5. Dodge
6. Honda
7. GMC
8. Nissan
9. Volvo
10. Mercedes Benz

It's actually "YourMechanic." I'm not just being a grammar nazi.

https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/10-most-recalled-car-brands-by-jason-unrau
maverick2076
I've owned 9 Nissans since 1996 and can only remember 3 recalls other than the airbags, and one of those was for a floor mat.
FamousAgg
So are the companies being recalled or just the vehicles?
Furlock Bones
AG
this is some of the least useful data i've seen. well done.
tk for tu juan
Do these numbers include when Ram trucks are recalled by Satan?
robertcope
Is being recalled a bad thing? One might assume it implies that there are many defects. But couldn't one also infer that it only means the company not only refines the product but brings those refinements to back to existing customers?
tailgatetimer10
AG
Yep. I've never cared for the 4 recalls I've had. What I care is that I'm now at 180k miles with no repairs above a couple hundred bucks.
C Loves L
Predictable texags auto board is predictable.

Do airbag recalls count even though it's the manufacturer? Lol absolutely! Half the vehicle is made by various companies, the issue is still GM/Ford/Honda's fault!

My favorite has to be robertcope's however. I knew that would be posted.

Go ahead Robert and tell us what automaker you're loyal to
C Loves L
Furlock Bones said:

Probably because the data doesn't support your opinion
schmendeler
AG
#1 makes sense to me. Porsche is about the most thoughtful, well engineered brand from everything I've heard. they make great stuff that lasts, which it seems like the rest of the germans have a problem with.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
schmendeler said:

#1 makes sense to me. Porsche is about the most thoughtful, well engineered brand from everything I've heard. they make great stuff that lasts, which it seems like the rest of the germans have a problem with.
Unfortunately the first gen Cayenne has an issue with their wiring harnesses that costs thousands to replace when failed, which makes it a no-go on them used.

But I would agree, everything else they make seems to be solid. Also it seems that Porsche owners are very conscientious about taking care of their cars, more so than others.
schmendeler
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

schmendeler said:

Unfortunately the first gen Cayenne has an issue with their wiring harnesses that costs thousands to replace when failed, which makes it a no-go on them used.

But I would agree, everything else they make seems to be solid. Also it seems that Porsche owners are very conscientious about taking care of their cars, more so than others.
yeah, but who cares about SUVs? that's just a touareg, anyway.
Furlock Bones
AG
C Loves L said:

Furlock Bones said:

Probably because the data doesn't support your opinion
no it's because the data doesn't tell us anything except the most surface level. lol.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Guess Takata can rinse their hands free of their recall!
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
schmendeler said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

schmendeler said:

Kinda like the 911 is just a Type 1 beetle with a nicer engine
schmendeler
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

schmendeler said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

schmendeler said:

Kinda like the 911 is just a Type 1 beetle with a nicer engine
not any more, since they aren't air-cooled now!
Mr. Dubi
robertcope said:

Is being recalled a bad thing? One might assume it implies that there are many defects. But couldn't one also infer that it only means the company not only refines the product but brings those refinements to back to existing customers?
Recalls on our Toyotas benefitted us nicely. The T100 got recalled at 60,000 miles for the head gaskets, but we only paid $200 for the timing belt and water pump to be done in conjunction. The Tundra got the ball joints replaced replaced for free. The boots were torn and saved me the bother of messing with them.

The Santa Fe got a free oil change with one recall.

But generally I am not a fan of recalls.
Duncan Idaho
Did they add any weights to the recalls? Like were the airbag recalls treated the same as an oil starvation recall?
Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
My MBs might not have many recalls, but there always seem to be a stack of "adjustments" needed, every service - and the wood has been fading out on them since, at least, 1987.
robertcope
C Loves L said:

I wouldn't call myself loyal to any brand. I like my Hondas and Toyotas a lot. Miata makes some fun stuff, too. I have owned a lot of VWs, too, that have rarely failed me. And I daily a Ford. They all make, or have made, something interesting.
tk for tu juan
tailgatetimer10 said:

Guess Takata can rinse their hands free of their recall!

Yep, cancel the bankruptcy, it was the auto manufacturer's fault the whole time. Just ask C loves L

Also let Texas Instruments know they are free from fault on the cruise control switches they sold to Ford.
Trinity Ag
S
KorbinDallas said:

Nissan is worst with 1038 recalls per 1000 vehicles, but ford is better will 1137 recalls per 1000?

These stats aren't making any sense. What's "your mechanic " recalls?
As someone mentioned, given how many had Takata airbags, the recall rate for a lot of models is 100%
C Loves L
robertcope said:

C Loves L said:

I wouldn't call myself loyal to any brand. I like my Hondas and Toyotas a lot. Miata makes some fun stuff, too. I have owned a lot of VWs, too, that have rarely failed me. And I daily a Ford. They all make, or have made, something interesting.

No surprise here
robertcope
C Loves L said:

robertcope said:

C Loves L said:

No surprise here
I am confused. It sure seemed like you were expecting me to enthusiastically embrace some particular brand?
C Loves L
robertcope said:

C Loves L said:

robertcope said:

C Loves L said:

I wouldn't call myself loyal to any brand. I like my Hondas and Toyotas a lot. Miata makes some fun stuff, too. I have owned a lot of VWs, too, that have rarely failed me. And I daily a Ford.They all make, or have made, something interesting.

No surprise here
I am confused. It sure seemed like you were expecting me to enthusiastically embrace some particular brand?

So obtuse...
Complete Idiot
C Loves L said:

robertcope said:

C Loves L said:

robertcope said:

C Loves L said:

I wouldn't call myself loyal to any brand. I like my Hondas and Toyotas a lot. Miata makes some fun stuff, too. I have owned a lot of VWs, too, that have rarely failed me. And I daily a Ford.They all make, or have made, something interesting.

No surprise here

So obtuse...
C Loves L
Username checks out
expresswrittenconsent
C Loves L said:

Username checks out

What is it that you believe your horrible OP actually communicates?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.