Bilstein 5100 install in Dallas

2,417 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Old School Brother
txag2008
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm OK with handling any maintenance items, but I'm not so sure of this install.

Any recommendations for Dallas shops that can handle this? (preferably North Dallas, Richardson, Plano, etc). I realize most shops can handle the install, but would appreciate any recommendations from here.
fooz
Pronto Muffler and Brake.

Honest with good rates, but they're usually pretty busy.
DouglasPearce
Any locations you could recommend in Ft. Worth?
FC12
I had 4Wheel Parts Install mine because they were right by my office. No issues at all.
Davenport Automotive in Planon is also top notch. I've had them do 2 Lexus timing belts and a starter on muni Tundra.
DouglasPearce
FC12 said:

I had 4Wheel Parts Install mine because they were right by my office. No issues at all.
Davenport Automotive in Planon is also top notch. I've had them do 2 Lexus timing belts and a starter on muni Tundra.
Thank you for the info. Did you buy the Bilstein 5100's from 4 Wheel parts or did you buy them separate and take to the shop and ask them to install?
Didn't know if that was frowned upon or not. Thanks again!
BosAG06
AG
What kind of vehicle? I know of an awesome place in Fort Worth but they only work on Toyota's.
DouglasPearce
BosAG06 said:

What kind of vehicle? I know of an awesome place in Fort Worth but they only work on Toyota's.
Dang, mine is a Ford, but I appreciate the reply.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
DouglasPearce said:

BosAG06 said:

F150? F250? year?

The main kicker on the 2005+ F150s is the strut assembly. Youll need compressors or to pull them off and have a shop help you swap em over. Definitely not for the faint of heart.
txag2008
AG
Mine is '14 F150. From what you said, that's why I'm not comfortable doing it.
southernskies
Have you ever worked on suspension components before? I'd say I was moderately experienced and was able to install mine on my 2012 F150. Impact gun, rented compressors, and I was good to go in about 2 hrs. Just watched a couple Youtube videos before hand.
DouglasPearce
1agswitchin4lanes said:

DouglasPearce said:

BosAG06 said:

F150? F250? year?

The main kicker on the 2005+ F150s is the strut assembly. Youll need compressors or to pull them off and have a shop help you swap em over. Definitely not for the faint of heart.
It's an 2018 F150 KR. FX4

Thanks for all the reply's!
BlueSmoke
Interested in this as well. Any ballpark on anticipated install charges? Budgeting for new Bilsteins as well. Stock Ranchos are all kinds of squishy.
Nobody cares. Work Harder
FC12
I installed the rear set myself but I had them install the front pair. I purchased the 5100's from online.
PPlayboy87
AG
DouglasPearce said:

FC12 said:

Thank you for the info. Did you buy the Bilstein 5100's from 4 Wheel parts or did you buy them separate and take to the shop and ask them to install?
Didn't know if that was frowned upon or not. Thanks again!
I've not purchased elsewhere and had them do the install; however, they do advertise that (bring in your parts and we'll install them) in their stores.
nortex97
AG
Redmons in Lewisville is a very honest/affordable shop we've used. Can also bring your own parts.
Ag for Life
AG
I did my 2007 Tundra myself, front and rears. It really wasn't difficult with the proper tools.
ForeverAg
AG
I did my 16' F150 with the Rancho Strut Level replacements. You can without a doubt do it at home. All you need it a socket set, impact gun (to make it easier, fine without) jack, jaxk stands. You do not need a compressor for the spring at all. You lower the lower control arm assembly and just pull the strut out. You should be able to do both for under 4 hours.

If you get someone to install it, you do not need cam bolts or whatever those spacers are they might push for "Alignment" and you shouldn't pay above $300. If you do keep shopping.

Installs like these are very simple and to be honest any mechanic should be able to handle this, just make sure you get it aligned as soon as possible.
Old School Brother
BosAG06 said:

Name of place?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.