FS: 2004 Chevy 2500 6.0

3,448 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Well, okay then
TSJ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is my neighbor's 2500. He's only had it for a couple months, but with 4 kids, and running a business this truck ended up being an extra truck that he doesn't use. Before that it was owned by an old man that babied it. My neighbor was the first to scratch the paint in the bed.

As far as I know the only work he's done was put on new tires, a water pump, thermostat, and a rebuilt the gauge cluster since one of the gauges went out.

96K odo
2WD
Crewcab

Asking 11.5K for it.

It would be a great occasional tow rig. Its really clean.

Contact Jon @ nine seven nine - two two zero - four four seven three

Pics:

Furlock Bones
AG
i have an 04 GMC 2500 which is just like this. not fast. but, it is a work horse for sure.
Aggieangler93
AG
I am sending this to a friend. He may be interested for his son. Where is the vehicle located?
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
TSJ
AG
The truck is in College Station.
muchow3414
AG
So that "old man" is my dad, who is 70, and will out work anyone on the farm any day of the week. You should be careful how you describe someone you do not know. Yes my father took care of this truck as he does all of his vehicles, but he also used it for its purpose, pulled his 30' camper, and his smaller 50hp tractor, and an occasional skid steer.
'02
AgsMnn
AG
Don't think that is what the OP was meaning behind his post.

You have a 15 YO truck with only 96K miles and in great shape body wise per the OP.

Heck, I wish my dad babied his 02 duramax I believe. Instead, the bed is jacked up with dents and the interior has some issues. Also has numerous scratches and small dents everywhere. Unfortunately that truck has 350K miles and seems to be going downhill. Again, if it was babied a little more, I would have loved for it to last another decade for my kids first truck.
muchow3414
AG
Doesn't matter what he meant, disrespectful in my opinion, maybe I'm old school, but describing someone as old man, wether it's my dad or not, and you don't know that person isn't very respectful.
'02
Furlock Bones
AG
Good lord. Is this real life?
AgEng06
AG
Wow. Wtf?
Ag for Life
AG
Wow, what an odd thing to be triggered over.
Doug Collins
AG
muchow3414 said:

Doesn't matter what he meant, disrespectful in my opinion, maybe I'm old school, but describing someone as old man, wether it's my dad or not, and you don't know that person isn't very respectful.

It's not an old school thing, it's a you being irrational thing hth
Jack Cheese
AG
muchow3414 said:

You may want to steer clear of the internet. It's probably not a good place for you to hang out.
Silvy
AG
Boi howdy
BrazosDog02
AG
You ever see "that guy" at the bar that just kinda jumps up and gets in peoples face for no apparent reason and then ends up with his ass kicked laying on his back on the floor?

If you don't, it's probably you.

Old man is not disrespectful. Good god.
Centerpole90
AG
I'm curious how many people refer to their father's as their 'old man'.

I never have, I would consider that disrespectful, even if that is not popular here. I have never considered that a term of endearment although many do. I can relate to muchow in that, at 82 my father is also very active, works every day, and is respected for that such that nobody I know has or would call him 'old man' to my face. When people talk about Dad to me they call him Mr. Centerpole or by his name if they're friends.

If you met Dad in passing or if he made a 'too close for comfort' left hand turn in front of you - I think running to the internet and saying that 'old man' is perfectly understandable; which is why I hope muchow would see OP surely meant nothing personal (assuming they don't know each other IRL). In that case I doubt I'd burn down texags over it. I've seen worse personal slights toward people known to me on texags - and always excused them as just anonymous internet talk.
Jack Cheese
AG
Consider the context for just a minute.

OP has a friend with a truck for sale.

Friend says "I got it from an 'old man' who babied it".

OP passes that info along on message board.

Dude comes along several weeks later, bumps post and says with red face "who you callin' old man!?! Them's fightin' words!!"

Auto board commences to laugh and make gentle fun of dude.
Centerpole90
AG
Hence, "perfectly understandable"
Salt of the water
AG
Interesting survey on what different age groups consider "old".

Quote:

As People Age, Old Age Moves Back
It's no surprise that the older people get, the longer they think it takes for a person to reach old age:

On average, adults between the ages of 30 and 49 think old age begins at 69.
People who are currently 50-64 believe old age starts at 72.
Responders who are 65 and older say old age begins at 74.

So what's the "proper" way to describe a 70+ year old fella you don't know?

I've heard more uhm aged folks be offended at being called "elderly" than "old".

I do know the PC culture phrase "he's xx years young" grinds my gears.

Also, how many times do car classifieds refer to the little old lady car? Does that offend folks too?
SnowboardAg
AG
We had a guy on our street that went by Old Man Joe, who was 92 (when we lived there) and was always out in his garden. He embraced the name and introduced himself that way.

I can understand your perspective, but OP most likely intended it in a very innocent manner.
Silvy
AG
All of you are old bastages
TitanAGGIE09
AG
Nice truck. My old man would love this truck.

I clicked on this thread 2 weeks ago and was not entertained. Clicked on it today and find it very entertaining.
lotsofhp
AG
Thought Chevy went to angry eyes in 05
ccolley68
AG
Wouldn't "got it from an old man who babied it" be pretty standard nomenclature for a used car ad? What do you want him to say? "Got it from a frisky rapscallion on the upper end of the century scale who worked his ass off in the truck and hauled multiple large pieces of heavy equipment and travel trailers from here to Timbuktu". I mean seriously, it's a 10 year old truck with abnormally low miles for the age, and very little damage to the bed that has no protection. Old man who babied it is perfectly fine to use to describe it.
JBLHAG03
AG
Muchow needs meds.
The Wonderer
AG
Furlock Bones
AG
Dude had not posted in almost a year and this is what he posts?
Roger That
AG
My dad's not 70 yet. But he's old. And a man. And his truck has more scratches than that truck.
ccolley68
AG
Roger That said:

My dad's not 70 yet. But he's old. And a man. And his truck has more scratches than that truck.
Bet he can't outwork Muchow's dad though!

My dad could beat up both of y'all dads, so there.
kyledr04
AG
ccolley68 said:

Wouldn't "got it from an old man who babied it" be pretty standard nomenclature for a used car ad? What do you want him to say? "Got it from a frisky rapscallion on the upper end of the century scale who worked his ass off in the truck and hauled multiple large pieces of heavy equipment and travel trailers from here to Timbuktu". I mean seriously, it's a 10 year old truck with abnormally low miles for the age, and very little damage to the bed that has no protection. Old man who babied it is perfectly fine to use to describe it.

Was going to say the same. If someone sold you my grandmother's vehicles that are in perfect condition they'd say "an old lady's truck that only goes to church and walmart."
AG
Best thread on the Auto board in a long time!! Chill out Muchow, or I'll send my young man 65 year old dad to kick your ass.
TexAg1987
easttexasaggie04
AG
Well, that escalated, slowly.
CanyonAg77
AG
As one of the old farts, I'm not sure how I should react to all this.

And I have a 2002 version of this in brown, with the 8.1, and about 25K fewer miles. I love it. It will pass anything on the road, except a gas station, and do about 85% of what a diesel could. The 6.0 might do about 70%.
Centerpole90
AG
submit photos of inside of bed for board verification of your oldness
CanyonAg77
AG
Centerpole90 said:

submit photos of inside of bed for board verification of your oldness
The 2500 looks pretty good. The 1500 that's my daily driver, well.......
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.