Lengthy Auto Repair

916 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DeWrecking Crew
Buck O Five
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Question for those of you more versed in the auto repair business. Lost control of my car on a wet road late November of last year, hit a curb, requiring the suspension to be completely rebuilt. The insurance company took weeks to send an adjuster, parts had to be ordered from Jag, who sent the wrong parts.

Repair work started middle of January, all four wheels were just put back on last week. Fairly minimal body work is required, but there have been days of no progress and the guy at the shop doesn't have an estimate for completion.

It's a big repair and it's not a Camry. Am I being unreasonable to expect more results coming up on the four month mark?
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Get a new repair shop !
Dill-Ag13
AG
Gotta be more pushy
Shiner Bock
AG
Make sure the body shop is paying the bill on your rental car. Geico made them pay after my 30 days were up. That alone sped my repair up dramatically
Buck O Five
AG
Thanks for the feedback. It's a body shop my whole family has used for years so I've been loathe to be critical. It's been almost 20 years since I had to deal with a body shop, but clearly this work is too slow.
DeWrecking Crew
Unless the parts were back ordered from Ferrari Italy 4 months is absolutely absurd
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.