Got me a new whip!

6,151 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by fooz
3rd Platoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I posted this in the Chevy contact thread, but thought I'd post in a new thread. I know this forum is a Ford (Booooost) leaning group, but GM hit a homerun with the RST package. It's not all chromed out like other trims, and the monocolor grill is mean-looking!

I'm having chrome assist steps/rails put on this week along with a spray-in rhyno liner. I'll get a tonneau cover this summer (probably a bakflip). I'm excited, and my two young sons love it even more than I do.

2019 Chevy Silverado RST

barney94
AG
I like it a lot.

Question - why put chrome rails on it? If you have to have rails why not go with something black and low-profile to keep with the RST theme of the truck?
Picard
AG
3rd Platoon said:

....It's not all chromed out....

....I'm having chrome assist steps/rails put on....

Congrats on the new ride! Your chrome contradiction made me laugh though.

FC12
Nice Truck!

Interesting location of "Silverado" on the front fender...
Furlock Bones
AG
careful with all of those aluminum panels. chevy warned everyone.

3rd Platoon
AG
I thought about that, but I didn't like the black rails. They either had the one that can go with the A/Ts (which I didn't really feel fits since it's not a 4x4), or the black ones which look kinda cheap from the factory. I'd rather not do aftermarket. Otherwise, I saw an RST with the chrome steps, and it looked good to me. I don't mind a little chrome, just not a lot as in the LT and LTZ.
3rd Platoon
AG
Are you familiar with the chrome bumpers on the LT? THAT'S chromed-out. The step rails are chrome, yes, but it's not in-your-face.
FarmerJohn
AG
I feel a man should never have to defend the choice to add chrome.
Naveronski
AG
FarmerJohn said:

I feel a man should never have to defend the choice to add chrome.

Yo tambien, amigo.
Tree Hugger
AG
I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum I guess. I like the chrome, but hate the running boards/rails.

I've been looking at the 2019 GMC SLT premium and have asked if it is possible to get one without the chrome running boards. I always bang my shin on them when I try and get into the truck. If I buy one soon, probably the first thing I will do is take them off.
3rd Platoon
AG

FYI, the assist steps will look like this when done. Yeah, they're chrome, but they're not overstated, imo. I've seen a lot of F-150 Lariats like this.

ccolley68
AG
Tree Hugger said:

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum I guess. I like the chrome, but hate the running boards/rails.

I've been looking at the 2019 GMC SLT premium and have asked if it is possible to get one without the chrome running boards. I always bang my shin on them when I try and get into the truck. If I buy one soon, probably the first thing I will do is take them off.

I think you're doing it wrong
Duncan Idaho
Tree Hugger said:

I am of normal adult height, so they are of no use to me..
WildcatAg
AG
Sharp truck
AG
Congrats, I really like that color.
PFG
AG
Did you drop the truck, or is that how it comes from the factory?
Canyon99
LiveOak said:

Did you drop the truck, or is that how it comes from the factory?

That was my first thought. No need for steps as it is plenty low.
3rd Platoon
AG
It's factory. I want the steps because I have young children who'll need the help to get in the back. I'm 5'10" and would be fine without, but my soon to be 6 yr old and my 3 yr old have struggled to get in. They didn't struggle to get into my Tahoe that had assist steps, so they're useful in my situation.
Joe Exotic
AG
I got the same model in a different color last Friday (Havana brown). They are deceptively tall. My wife and kids have trouble easily getting in and out.

robertcope
I dig my Expedition's power running boards. Best of both worlds. Until they fail.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I use the steps in my 4x4 Tundra every time I get in my truck.
FarmerJohn
AG
I did grow up in San Antonio, so that might explain some things.
easttexasaggie04
AG
The new Chevy trucks are growing on me.
Tree Hugger
AG
I just wish the price wasn't growing. I really like the 2019s, but am having trouble with the fact that a 1/2 ton truck is going to cost nearly $50K. I know I could save a ton of money by buying the 2018, but I also know I would be wishing I had bought the newer one every time I see one.
tailgatetimer10
AG
There's plenty of gently used ones flowing into the market, if you don't mind a few thousand miles on it
3rd Platoon
AG
It's Chevy Truck Month, and the rebates are out right now, especially in the DFW area because the Auto Show will come to down in a couple of weeks. If you're willing to hustle and negotiate with 3-4 dealerships to get a deal, you could come away with a deal that's far, far less than $50K. Trust me, because that's exactly what I did.
KY AG
AG
Trarch dealing eh. Just wait till you see the deals in Truktober.
easttexasaggie04
AG
All the pros wait until Trapril.
An Ag in CO
AG
I see the term whip and with that comes certain expectations. I see a picture of a truck and I guess that expression doesn't mean what I think it means. Learn something new every day.
suburban cowboy
AG
Congrats!

I got a 2018 lariat thru 1ags hookup about a month ago that I've been meaning to post.
agchino
AG
What's the ballpark that your hustle got it down to?
Joe Exotic
AG
I got mine in the pic above for $36,100 plus TTL. Stickered at about $48k I think.
Joe Exotic
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

The new Chevy trucks are growing on me.

For me it was all about the RST trim as 3rd Platoon mentioned above. I just didn't care for the chrome bumper and grille. The body matched painted front makes a world of difference with the redesign in my opinion.
3rd Platoon
AG
It stickered for $52.2k. It has leather, bucket seats with console, safety package, towing/trailer package, spray liner, and assist steps. I got it for $41.9k + tt&l.
Salt of the water
AG
Can they color match amp research steps? That'd look sharp.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.