2018 GMC Sierras

1,768 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dahouse
yutyutag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
GMC has some big clearance deals on their remaining 2018s ($16K in rebates/cuts at a dealership here in SA). Some of the SLTs are listed around 36-38K which seems like a pretty good deal.

I'm definitely interested in the Sierra and I really don't care for the 2019 redesign so I may pull the trigger before the end of this month when these rebates go away.

Questions:

1) Thoughts on the 18 Sierra? I read a few complaints on the transmission and curious if anyone's heard anything else about this model.

2) Chances of dealers going lower after rebates? There are a few 'conditional' rebates listed, but I wanted to check with the resident experts on this one.

Let me know what y'all think and thanks in advance!

3rd Platoon
AG
My FIL has a 2018 Sierra SLT. No issues whatsoever, and it's a great truck. I've driven it a few times, and it has a very nice ride. They look better than the new ones, IMO.
AgEng06
AG
I've got an '18 Sierra Duramax and love it. Not sure of you're looking at 3/4 ton, but either way the '18s are solid.
HumbleAg04
AG
Be wary of the 8spd teamsmission. Plenty to google on the topic. Have one in my '16. Have already been through the various tech bulletins, have had the torque converter replaced, and still it will do a parking lot shift that will snap your neck and sound like the drive train is exploding typically when I have customers in the truck or when picking up / dropping off kids at school.

Other than that truck is nails. Its a love hate that will ultimately get it replaced.
yutyutag05
AG
Thanks for the input everyone. I've read a lot of reviews on the issues with the 8 speed and it's def concerning.

It seems like it's carried over with the 18 models as well.

dahouse
AG
2018 Duramax here. First diesel I've owned. So far I love it, got it last May when there were pretty good discounts.
Cody
Fightin Texas Aggie c/o 04
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.