Tesla Model Y

2,487 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by The Fife
Lt. Joe Bookman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thoughts on the new Tesla announcement last night? Basically a little larger Model 3.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gifs/comments/b1b9nq/tesla_model_y_glass_roof_view/
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
No idea how 7 people are gonna fit into that.
07ag
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

No idea how 7 people are gonna fit into that.
third row has to be small kids only, i would think
07ag
AG
agnerd
AG
The car: eh nothing to write home about. But the actual announcement screams of desperation to me. People have been waiting 3 years for the first small battery ($35k) Model 3s they ordered. In the meantime, chevy and hyundai have already built the same thing with enough success that their tax credits are about to end. Seems to me like Tesla's first (and really only) priority right now should be in filling those orders, not working on new designs. I'd absolutely love to have a Tesla, but the way they handle their business means I won't trust them with my money.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
agnerd said:

The car: eh nothing to write home about. But the actual announcement screams of desperation to me. People have been waiting 3 years for the first small battery ($35k) Model 3s they ordered. In the meantime, chevy and hyundai have already built the same thing with enough success that their tax credits are about to end. Seems to me like Tesla's first (and really only) priority right now should be in filling those orders, not working on new designs. I'd absolutely love to have a Tesla, but the way they handle their business means I won't trust them with my money.
There are unsold model 3s on their store lots that are unsold and they're using portable diesel generators to charge them.
VitruvianAg
AG
S 3 X Y! Whats he going to name the truck?
WoMD
VitruvianAg said:

S 3 X Y! Whats he going to name the truck?

B (truck)

I (18 wheeler)

T (boat)

C (bicycle)

H (scooter)
Garrelli 5000
AG
Looks like driving a wireless mouse, like the x.
vansprinkle
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

agnerd said:

There are unsold model 3s on their store lots that are unsold and they're using portable diesel generators to charge them.

I'm guessing people lost interest when the government subsidies ran out.
nortex97
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

agnerd said:

Is Tesla too good for extension cords? I would think they'd have some unicorn farts or something to brag to their customers about how they charge them.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
You tell me.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2019/03/tesla-factory-store-uses-diesel-generators-to-recharge-slow-moving-model-3-inventory/
ABATTBQ11
AG
agnerd said:

They're now pushing free supercharging for 3 years as an incentive to close out the quarter. The fanbois say it's because they're too Wall Street and just trying the make good quarter numbers, not a sign of low demand, but you would think that a company with Tesla's debt and one that's been burning through capital like it's free money would be really concerned about profitability and margins, not quarterly sales figures.
The Fife
1agswitchin4lanes said:

agnerd said:

So how does that work, do they discount them to get them off the lot?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.