New Purchase Pics :) (Ferrari)

12,737 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Goat Man
FLATOUT
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Decided to sell the 17 GTS-R ACR a couple of months ago and just picked up a Giallo Triplo Strato 458 Italia. Great spec on this car, enough to get me to quit looking at Spiders. Carbon Race seat option and a very rare triple yellow paint code.

So far I absolutely love it but the Houston weather has kept me from putting too many miles on it at this point.

Here are a few pics.

Andy

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ReLwsT][/url]Untitled

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2dBnwjF][/url]Untitled by Andrew Wheeler, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ReLw5i][/url]Untitled by Andrew Wheeler, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ReLwXR][/url]Untitled by Andrew Wheeler, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2dtCE5P][/url]Untitled by Andrew Wheeler, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2dtCDXK][/url]Untitled by Andrew Wheeler, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2eVy2T1][/url]Untitled by Andrew Wheeler, on Flickr

mellison
AG
Dang!!
SA-AG72
AG
Wow!!!!
DeWrecking Crew
Super jealous, that's my dream car except for the color, although I guess I could overlook that. Very nice!
sts7049
AG
have mercy
bam02
FLATOUT
AG
DeWrecking Crew said:

Super jealous, that's my dream car except for the color, although I guess I could overlook that. Very nice!
I was dead set on red/tan and was looking at 4 or 5 different cars around the country and then I saw this one and had a friend in the car business that had one a couple years ago that raved about how the pearl popped in the sun light so I grabbed it.

Andy
PharmD4
AG
Well okay then... that escalated quickly! Next level stuff right there...

You like blending in, don't you?
Post removed:
by user
PharmD4
AG
And by the way, I know this is a car board and that's pretty much all we comment on, but those are awesome pics in and of themselves.
FLATOUT
AG
PharmD4 said:

Well okay then... that escalated quickly! Next level stuff right there...

You like blending in, don't you?
Almost got the plate "SUBTLE" lol
FLATOUT
AG
third coast.. said:

What do you do for a living flat out? Just curious, don't have to answer if you dont feel comfortable

I was a member of the United States Navy Band Washington D.C. from 1999-2009 prior to attending A&M from 2010-2012 (thank you Mays). I am now a Fixed Ops Manager for the Keating Auto Group, and have another automotive related business that I own with a partner.

FLATOUT
AG
PharmD4 said:

And by the way, I know this is a car board and that's pretty much all we comment on, but those are awesome pics in and of themselves.

Appreciate it, I hadn't had the camera out in years and decided it was time to get back at it again and work on some light painting (which I always struggled with in the past).
lotsofhp
AG
third coast.. said:

What do you do for a living flat out? Just curious, don't have to answer if you dont feel comfortable

I always want to know too. Same thing when I drive around super high end neighborhoods with huge mansions. Just want to go door to door asking what they do.

Just out of sincere curiosity. It's really fascinating how people earn their wealth. Lot of different stories.
FLATOUT
AG
lotsofhp said:

third coast.. said:

I always want to know too. Same thing when I drive around super high end neighborhoods with huge mansions. Just want to go door to door asking what they do.

Just out of sincere curiosity. It's really fascinating how people earn their wealth. Lot of different stories.
I'm the same way, and working in and around the exotic car business has afforded me the opportunity to have those conversations. Lots of different stories but I would caution everyone out there that accumulating wealth as apposed to valuable assets are very different things. Accumulating debt on assets that are depreciating, or purchasing assets that are appreciating ect.....

Obi Wan Ginobili
Dude, tag this post NSFW next time. Neighbor just saw me pitch a tent.
La Fours
AG
So will you be in BCS much with the new dealerships opening soon? Maybe drive the new ride up here?
AggieEP
I can't believe you decided to sell the Viper, you put in so much work it seemed with the Viper guys and the Nurburgring run last year/the year before.

But... if you're going to sell the Viper, might as well get a Ferrari that will have people snapping their necks to get a look at it as you drive by.

FLATOUT
AG
La Fours said:

So will you be in BCS much with the new dealerships opening soon? Maybe drive the new ride up here?

Yessir, possibly Might end up at our new Mercedes or BMW store in the coming year. We'll see.
FLATOUT
AG
AggieEP said:

I can't believe you decided to sell the Viper, you put in so much work it seemed with the Viper guys and the Nurburgring run last year/the year before.

But... if you're going to sell the Viper, might as well get a Ferrari that will have people snapping their necks to get a look at it as you drive by.

Love Viper but was kind of ready for a change.
La Fours
AG
It looks like the new BMW store is just about ready to open.

If you do make it up, with or without the Ferrari, let me know and I'll be happy to buy you a coffee or beer.
87IE
AG
Does anyone else think his daughter is thinking "I hope he holds onto this one until I get my license"?
An Ag in CO
AG
Fantastic car. How many miles on it when you put pen to paper? I've been looking at 458s and it's funny to see the high mileage - low mileage barbell. The intermediate mileage cars are a little tougher to find. Congratulations on buying a car with the engine on the proper side of the driver.
ReloadAg
AG
Do you ever go out in your garage and just stand there and stare at that beautiful engine? Amazing car man. Just gorgeous!
FLATOUT
AG
ReloadAg said:

Do you ever go out in your garage and just stand there and stare at that beautiful engine? Amazing car man. Just gorgeous!

Nightly after I put the kids to bed lol.
FLATOUT
AG
An Ag in CO said:

Fantastic car. How many miles on it when you put pen to paper? I've been looking at 458s and it's funny to see the high mileage - low mileage barbell. The intermediate mileage cars are a little tougher to find. Congratulations on buying a car with the engine on the proper side of the driver.

I was on the fence about the mileage. I wanted a driver as that was my usage plan. I was more concerned with spec/options and maintenance history then I was with mileage. This car had higher miles (17,500) but had excellent maintenance history and I knew the car. I was originally looking in the 5-10,000 mile range. I was very happy with the spec for the money I paid.
agdoc2001
AG
We should hang out.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
texag06ish
AG
Nice
aggieforester05
AG
Recently watched a YouTube vid touring royalty exotics. They had a 458 with 90K miles of rental abuse. Said the only major problem it had was the parking brake failure, which is common and requires a whole new brake system.

Also met a guy that used to own an exotics track rental business in Vegas. He said they would put 95K track miles on F430s and that they were built like a tank. I drove his recently purchased 458 and it was just an all around awesome car.

Nice car, enjoy!
jetch17
bbry81
I've always wondered because these cars are built to go fast and be on a track. Are they really fun to drive in town as a day driver never getting out of 2nd gear kind of driving? Are they actually comfortable to drive and be stuck in traffic with?
ac04
FLATOUT
AG
bbry81 said:

I've always wondered because these cars are built to go fast and be on a track. Are they really fun to drive in town as a day driver never getting out of 2nd gear kind of driving? Are they actually comfortable to drive and be stuck in traffic with?

No clue, didn't buy it to drive in those situations. I live about a mile from the National Forest in Montgomery so I run the backroads between Montgomery/Anderson/Carlos/Navasota. I do my best to avoid traffic so I can drive.
MBUSA
PharmD4 said:

It's at a car dealership. Any Joe can walk up and take those pics.
MBUSA
bbry81 said:

No, they are not fun to drive in town. Anyone that says anything different is lying to you. We can start with not being able to see anything. Then we can talk about stiffness. Then we can discuss ground clearance issues that arise quite often. On and on.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.