Powerstroke or 6.2L F250?

8,284 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SCHTICK00
TxAg20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm in charge of buying company vehicles for my company. I've lost count of how many Ford pickups I've bought on the company's behalf, but I buy more 6.2 Fords in 2 years than Covert Chad appears to sell in a decade. I have also bought ~6 Rams, ~6 GMCs. My go to is 6.2L F250. I've bought 4 6.7 diesels in the past 3 years. The 6.7 is more expensive to purchase and maintain. Trade value sucks on all of them at 140,000 miles. The 6.7 is no more reliable than the 6.2 in my sample of ~20 trucks. If you need the 6.7 for towing, you'll be glad you bought it. Otherwise, I don't see the case for it.

Edit: I drive a Toyota, so I think I'm fairly unbiased.
CATAGBQ04
AG
TxAg20 said:

I'm in charge of buying company vehicles for my company. I've lost count of how many Ford pickups I've bought on the company's behalf, but I buy more 6.2 Fords in 2 years than Covert Chad appears to sell in a decade. I have also bought ~6 Rams, ~6 GMCs. My go to is 6.2L F250. I've bought 4 6.7 diesels in the past 3 years. The 6.7 is more expensive to purchase and maintain. Trade value sucks on all of them at 140,000 miles. The 6.7 is no more reliable than the 6.2 in my sample of ~20 trucks. If you need the 6.7 for towing, you'll be glad you bought it. Otherwise, I don't see the case for it.

Edit: I drive a Toyota, so I think I'm fairly unbiased.

Sounds like my biggest pipeline customer...dumped all their 6.7s for 6.2s...issues went to zero.
CATAGBQ04
AG
I'll just leave this here...

https://instagr.am/p/B1Jkx2dgrTf
JB
AG
CATAGBQ04 said:

I'll just leave this here...

https://instagr.am/p/B1Jkx2dgrTf
Any SuperDuty with a gas engine.....not a real truck.
milkman00
AG
What hand calculated fuel economy are yall getting with the 6.2?
CATAGBQ04
AG
Never hand calculated mine...but empty it's any where from 12 to 15 on any given day, I do a lot of idling though.
SCHTICK00
AG
PFG said:

Yessir. But shhhh. Don't tell CovetChad. After all, he only does this every day...

You're a ***** behind that computer screen. And what Chad said is exactly what my experience was the one time I tried a gas truck. So show a little grace because from my perspective, you're the idiot on this thread.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.