Ford F150 shifting hard -Transmission?

873 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MouthBQ98
cochrum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a 2014 Ford 150 Ecoboost and last year while I was on the highway going about 70 mph I tried to step on it to pass a car. My truck then started making a weird noise and kicking some (felt like coming from the back but was not that hard) and my truck engine light came on and started blinking. Once I stepped off the gas my truck started to run fine and the engine light stopped blinking. It has not done it x 1 year but today I thought I would try it again and everything happened again exactly. It only happens when I am going 70+ mph and I step on the gas. The engine light blinked then stopped after about 5 minutes and when I slowed down. Now my oxygen sensor comes on intermittently with code P0131 but it was not on during this time (and I have not replaced it yet). I do not think I need an entire transmission replacement but am afraid it is that area. What do you all think? I appreciate the help.
DeWrecking Crew
I think it was around 2013-2014 that Ford had a problem with moisture accumulation in the charge air cooler, it would essentially "stumble" under heavy acceleration, and wouldn't stop until letting off gas. Usually happened in higher humidity, I believe there might have been a recall on it. You sure it isn't something like that?
cochrum
AG
Thanks for the reply! Ill have to check and i would be very happy if there was a recall for this so i can get it fixed. I appreciate the suggestion.
DeWrecking Crew
The redneck way to fix it back then was to drill a 1/32 size hole at the lowest point of the CAC, it keeps the water drained and didn't effect boost...just an FYI if there was no recall on the '14s and you don't want to spend a ton of money
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Drilling a hole is the best way to solve the problem IMO.

Also driving the hell out of it will help.

We're in a mild and muggy weather pattern right now and moisture is going to accumulate, especially if you're just commuting and poking around and the truck never gets to a good operating temperature.

MouthBQ98
AG
I tell the wife in the spring when it gets humid but is still cool enough to condense a lot to really romp on the throttle now and then for a bit. Seems to keep the moisture from accumulating.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.