Can't find online "how to" for 4Runner alternator replacement

4,131 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Canyon99
Canyon99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The alternator on my 2011 Toyota 4Runner crapped out today and I'm unable to find an online how to for a replacement job. I'm ordering a Denso replacement as I've always heard Toyota's like factory original parts. I use duckduckgo as my search engine and I'm not finding any instructions for a replacement job. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
GrapevineAg
AG
Check out these threads...

https://www.toyota-4runner.org/maintenance-detailing/239500-5th-gen-alternator-replacement.html

https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/252152-2010-replace-alternator.html
Canyon99
Extremely helpful. Thank you!
JP76
4.0 ?
Canyon99
Yes
JP76
If the alternator is on the driver's side towards the bottom of the engine like on a 2005 4.0 then it may be fun. I changed one about 6 years ago and to this day it remains the most difficult to remove alternator I have ever done. The issue I had is because it sat so low apparently over the years water and dirt from the road had beeem getting on the bolt threads. Make sure you have the proper size socket as well. I can't remember off hand but the bolt in mine was slightly rounded and ended up stripping. I had to get an Irwin stripped bolt head tool and then use a 1/2 inch breaker bar with a cheater bar to get the bolt loose. It's been years but I also think I had to remove the fan shroud for access. Good luck
sts7049
AG
the more important question is, what the hell is duckduckgo?

txyaloo
AG
sts7049 said:

the more important question is, what the hell is duckduckgo?

"privacy" focused anti-Google
sts7049
AG
perhaps they need to focus a little more on their product too
Canyon99
Grapevine and JP:

Thanks so much for your time and help. I'm short on time this week and will be dropping it off with my mechanic to do the repair. Getting off easy this time.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.