Mice and rats in Toyota Venza

3,443 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BustaAgg
Ag03 CQE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My parents live way out in the country and have a 2012 Toyota Venza that constantly has mice and rats getting inside and chewing on the wires or dying and smelling bad. It's an issue they've been fighting since the car was new and none of their other vehicles have ever had this problem. Other vehicles include two Fords, two Chevy trucks, a Kia, several 18-wheelers, and various pieces of heavy machinery.

Anyone else have this problem or have any idea how to stop it?
91AggieLawyer
AG
My dad had the issue in his Camry several years ago. It cost several thousand in repairs (insurance covered), but I don't know of a way to stop it other than keeping the area as rodent free as possible. They need to get some cats.
MikesFamousJava
AG
Weird...I'd have thought for sure it would have been their Kia with the rodent problem...

aggiepaintrain
AG
google

soy toyota wires rodents

toyota won't do anything just fyi
FJB
Alte Schule
Two barnyard type cats. Just check under the hood before you start the engine.
JP76
Google Toyota soy wiring
sts7049
AG
https://www.consumerreports.org/car-maintenance/how-to-protect-your-car-from-rodents/
BustaAgg
AG
I've mice in almost every car I've had since 2005 when I moved out to the country - Toyota, GM, and a Mini. I even had a mommy mouse that decided to have babies in my cabin air filter while i was on vacation... which got sucked up into my ac fan.... that was pleasant. Thankfully USAA paid to have my dash ripped apart, fan replaced and cleaned out.... I F'n hate mice.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.