O2 sensor for Ford F150

1,696 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Canyon99
Canyon99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My 2011 F150 (3.5L) threw a P0131 code yesterday so I am looking for an O2 sensor to purchase. Prices are all over the map and I'm not certain which one is my best option. NTK, Bosch, Motorcraft have different options and prices varying from $40-$250. What is my best option for this DIY repair? I want a quality part.
Silvy
AG
Motorcraft is likely best bet with NTK being 2nd. In the past, Bosch sensors weren't reliable.
cochrum
AG
I have the same problem and was getting ready to post the same thing. I was just going to go to NAPA and get one, not the most expensive but better than average.
Canyon99
I'm buying a Motorcraft DY1184 O2 sensor from Rock Auto for $144. Local Ford dealership priced it at $274.
Silvy
AG
Gotdam
cochrum
AG
Hey Canyon did it fix it and which sensor did you change? the one by the cat converter?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Motorcraft is the way to go.

txyaloo
AG
Canyon99 said:

I'm buying a Motorcraft DY1184 O2 sensor from Rock Auto for $144. Local Ford dealership priced it at $274.
I'm sure you already bought it, but Rock Auto is pretty damn expensive these days especially if you're buying from multiple warehouses.

Amazon has the same sensor for $118 and you can get it on ebay for $85.

I had about $400 in parts (including the 5% off coupon) in my Rock Auto cart for my LS swap. I bought them all either on ebay or Amazon and saved ~$150 just by doing a bit of price shopping.
Maverick06
AG
Bumping this as my '11 boost just threw P0151 code saying bank 1 sensor 1. A little research says this is passenger side upstream of catalytic converter. Correct? Any insight in changing this Canyon?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Maverick06 said:

Bumping this as my '11 boost just threw P0151 code saying bank 1 sensor 1. A little research says this is passenger side upstream of catalytic converter. Correct? Any insight in changing this Canyon?
DO it on a cool motor.

Fairly easy with the right tools.
Canyon99
Upstream was pretty damn tight window so I took it to my mechanic as he could put it on a lift. I took the easy route.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.